'Moment 4 Life' Music Video: Nicki Minaj and Drake Are Fairytale Couple
Nicki Minaj hooks up with her Young Money labelmate Drake in a newly-debuted music video for her latest single "Moment 4 Life". It all starts with fairytale story; she getting an enchanting visit from a fairy godmother, having her wish of dream shoes granted, and then sharing romantic moments with her prince charming.
"Obviously, Drake and I, we've played around so much with the whole marriage thing and stuff like that, so people have come to be kind of intrigued about us and it's where we're shooting the video together," she told MTV. "So I was like, there has to be some sort of romantic storyline. It's Drake and me."
Last year, the two rappers indeed joked on Twitter about exchanging wedding vows. Drizzy tweeted back then, "Please refer to @nickiminaj as Mrs. Aubrey Drake Graham and dont stare at her too long. She's finally mine." Minaj herself wrote, "Drake and I tied the knot."
Now that the story is brought to the screen, Drizzy said it's like fantasy comes true. "I mean, it's a fantasy video. You've got a very regal environment, and you've got Nicki doing what she does - big outfits, big everything," he stated. "I love her, so it's easy. It's not hard to play romantic."
How they came up with the marriage concept, Drizzy revealed, "[It] came from a conversation that we had, or conversations we have." They are also inspired by celebrity couple Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz, "I wrote it based off two things: Number one, based off that, and then two, based off Alicia and Swizz and their situation, and it just seemed fitting. It was like the perfect concept."
"Moment 4 Life" is taken from Nicki Minaj's debut album "Pink Friday".
Nicki Minaj's "Moment 4 Life" music video
More Nicki Minaj News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism