Will Ferrell as 'Inappropriate' as Michael Scott on 'The Office'
Will Ferrell is the latest star brought in to "The Office" before Steve Carell resigns for good at the end of April. These two actors had crossed path in the past when they starred in "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy".
Ferrell will play a branch manager who arrives from the home office and proves to be "just as inappropriate" as Michael Scott. The appearance is set for four-episode arc, three featuring him and Carell together and one featuring Ferrell and the rest of the Office staff only after Michael is out of the picture.
This creates a speculation that Ferrell's character plays a huge role in Michael's departure, either as the man who let Michael go or the man who will find a replacement for Michael. There's still no word whether Dunder Mifflin will get a new boss or whether one of the staff will receive a promotion.
"We found Steve Carell when he was nothing but a movie star and we turned him into a television star," says executive producer Paul Lieberstein. "We are proud to continue The Office's tradition of discovering famous talent, and we hope that once America gets a good look at Will, they'll see what we see: tremendous raw sexuality."
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest