Will Ferrell as 'Inappropriate' as Michael Scott on 'The Office'
Will Ferrell is the latest star brought in to "The Office" before Steve Carell resigns for good at the end of April. These two actors had crossed path in the past when they starred in "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy".
Ferrell will play a branch manager who arrives from the home office and proves to be "just as inappropriate" as Michael Scott. The appearance is set for four-episode arc, three featuring him and Carell together and one featuring Ferrell and the rest of the Office staff only after Michael is out of the picture.
This creates a speculation that Ferrell's character plays a huge role in Michael's departure, either as the man who let Michael go or the man who will find a replacement for Michael. There's still no word whether Dunder Mifflin will get a new boss or whether one of the staff will receive a promotion.
"We found Steve Carell when he was nothing but a movie star and we turned him into a television star," says executive producer Paul Lieberstein. "We are proud to continue The Office's tradition of discovering famous talent, and we hope that once America gets a good look at Will, they'll see what we see: tremendous raw sexuality."
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet