'The Dark Tower': Javier Bardem Offered Lead Role, Jennifer Carpenter Shortlisted
Javier Bardem is apparently the strong contender to play Roland Deshain in "The Dark Tower". After he was mentioned as frontrunner along with Viggo Mortensen, he is now reported to have been officially offered the lead role. Deadline Hollywood says formal negotiations haven't yet begun but the filmmakers have shown great enthusiasm that they have found the right actor.
Shortly before it is reported that Bardem is getting close to get the role, New York Post ran a quite different story. According to the site, Christian Bale is the frontrunner since he "has pulled ahead of" Bardem and Mortensen as Stephen King's choice for the depicter of the gunslinger.
Also, a source told the site that "Dexter" star Jennifer Carpenter appears on the shortlist for the role of Susannah. She is allegedly joined by French/Moroccan actress Ghita Tazi in the competition.
"The Dark Tower", based on Stephen King's novels, is planned to be made into three films with the TV series filling the gap between each movie. Ron Howard will direct the first film and the first season of a tie-in television series, with Akiva Goldsman writing both. The first movie installment is planned to come out on May 17, 2013 in the U.S.
Academy Award winner Javier Bardem has just gotten a chance to snatch his second Oscar after he was nominated for Best Actor for his role in "Biutiful". He recently wrapped the production for an untitled Terrence Malick project.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival