MTV to Air All 10 Episodes of 'Skins' and Not Change the Story
MTV continues to battle those critics out there and the bad press that "Skins" has been receiving since its premiere on January 17. The network vows to air all ten episodes of the controversial series although many companies have refused to be associated with the series about teens' wild life and pulled their ads.
"MTV stands by the US adaptation of Skins and the vision of its creator Bryan Elsley," the network said in a statement. "Skins has earned the loyalty of fans across the globe for its thoughtful and honest portrayal of teen life today. An internationally acclaimed scripted drama, the show has been honored with a long list of prestigious awards."
Elsley himself is not going to change the storyline to please others, saying he wants to maintain the show's authenticity without trying to be "confrontational". He said in his defense, "The show is the opposite of pornography. It isn't us who are being provocative. I think that some of the people who object to the show are being provocative in the use of that word."
Rumors spread that the show was about to be canceled because the second episode which aired this Monday experienced a sharp rating fall by 51%. Plus the fact that Parents TV Council is aggressively persuading companies to pull their ads could prove too much for such a young show.
In the midst of the mess, PETA comes to MTV's rescue by offering a 30-second spot featuring Pink and Ricky Gervais urging people to stop using fur. The non-profit organization said, "In light of the uproar surrounding the explicit content of MTV's new teen drama, Skins, and the show's resultant loss of sponsors, PETA is offering the network a chance to get some positive media attention as well as save animals' skins."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support