Ridley Scott's 'Prometheus' Gets Michael Fassbender and New Release Date
Ridley Scott is moving forward with his newly announced film "Prometheus" by adding a cast member. Michael Fassbender has been tapped to portray an android, starring opposite Noomi Rapace who had signed up before the project morphed from an "Alien" prequel to an original sci-fi tentpole.
At almost the same time, 20th Century Fox decides to give a new and high-profile release date for "Prometheus". Previously vacating March 9, 2012 slot, the forthcoming film is now slated for June 8, 2012 release.
This way, the movie swaps place with Disney's "John Carter of Mars". The action fantasy movie was previously scheduled for June 2012 release, but it was later moved up to March 9 of the same year after Disney pushed Tim Burton's 3-D stop-motion feature "Frankenweenie" back to October 5, 2012 from the old March slot.
Ridley Scott is now working together with Damon Lindelof to write the script. The plot is kept under wraps but Scott said the movie will have "alien DNA". He is additionally set to direct the film.
Michael Fassbender is one of the most sought actors lately after his performances in "Hunger", "Fish Tank" and "Inglourious Basterds". He scores a lead role of Magneto in "X-Men: First Class", stars as psychologist Carl Jung in David Cronenberg's "A Dangerous Method", and lands parts in "Jane Eyre" as well as Steven Soderbergh's "Haywire".
More Prometheus News
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host