Ridley Scott's 'Prometheus' Gets Michael Fassbender and New Release Date
Ridley Scott is moving forward with his newly announced film "Prometheus" by adding a cast member. Michael Fassbender has been tapped to portray an android, starring opposite Noomi Rapace who had signed up before the project morphed from an "Alien" prequel to an original sci-fi tentpole.
At almost the same time, 20th Century Fox decides to give a new and high-profile release date for "Prometheus". Previously vacating March 9, 2012 slot, the forthcoming film is now slated for June 8, 2012 release.
This way, the movie swaps place with Disney's "John Carter of Mars". The action fantasy movie was previously scheduled for June 2012 release, but it was later moved up to March 9 of the same year after Disney pushed Tim Burton's 3-D stop-motion feature "Frankenweenie" back to October 5, 2012 from the old March slot.
Ridley Scott is now working together with Damon Lindelof to write the script. The plot is kept under wraps but Scott said the movie will have "alien DNA". He is additionally set to direct the film.
Michael Fassbender is one of the most sought actors lately after his performances in "Hunger", "Fish Tank" and "Inglourious Basterds". He scores a lead role of Magneto in "X-Men: First Class", stars as psychologist Carl Jung in David Cronenberg's "A Dangerous Method", and lands parts in "Jane Eyre" as well as Steven Soderbergh's "Haywire".
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Corinne Can't Have 'a Normal Relationship', Nick Picks Top Three
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards