Ridley Scott's 'Prometheus' Gets Michael Fassbender and New Release Date
Ridley Scott is moving forward with his newly announced film "Prometheus" by adding a cast member. Michael Fassbender has been tapped to portray an android, starring opposite Noomi Rapace who had signed up before the project morphed from an "Alien" prequel to an original sci-fi tentpole.
At almost the same time, 20th Century Fox decides to give a new and high-profile release date for "Prometheus". Previously vacating March 9, 2012 slot, the forthcoming film is now slated for June 8, 2012 release.
This way, the movie swaps place with Disney's "John Carter of Mars". The action fantasy movie was previously scheduled for June 2012 release, but it was later moved up to March 9 of the same year after Disney pushed Tim Burton's 3-D stop-motion feature "Frankenweenie" back to October 5, 2012 from the old March slot.
Ridley Scott is now working together with Damon Lindelof to write the script. The plot is kept under wraps but Scott said the movie will have "alien DNA". He is additionally set to direct the film.
Michael Fassbender is one of the most sought actors lately after his performances in "Hunger", "Fish Tank" and "Inglourious Basterds". He scores a lead role of Magneto in "X-Men: First Class", stars as psychologist Carl Jung in David Cronenberg's "A Dangerous Method", and lands parts in "Jane Eyre" as well as Steven Soderbergh's "Haywire".
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star