James Franco to Plunge Into Porn Business in Linda Lovelace Biopic
James Franco is close to get his Oscar nod through his portrayal of a mountain climber in "127 Hours" and he is ready to take another challenging role. He is in talks to play pornographer Chuck Traynor in "Lovelace", a movie about late porn star Linda Lovelace, Deadline Hollywood says.
Traynor was Lovelace's husband when she starred in 1972 porn blockbuster "Deep Throat". Later when she divorced Traynor, Lovelace accused him of forcing her into prostitution and threating her at gunpoint into performing in "Deep Throat".
"Lovelace" will reunite Franco with "Howl" helmers Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman who are set to direct the biopic. Kate Hudson has reportedly been offered to take the title role but the film is struggling to find funding. Additionally, Deadline reports Franco's busy schedule might make it difficult to seal him for the project.
There is another film about Linda Lovelace currently developing under the title "Inferno: A Linda Lovelace Story". Lindsay Lohan was attached to portray the porn star, but now the role is taken over by Malin Akerman. Matthew Wilder is on the helming and writing duty for the biopic.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season