James Franco to Plunge Into Porn Business in Linda Lovelace Biopic
James Franco is close to get his Oscar nod through his portrayal of a mountain climber in "127 Hours" and he is ready to take another challenging role. He is in talks to play pornographer Chuck Traynor in "Lovelace", a movie about late porn star Linda Lovelace, Deadline Hollywood says.
Traynor was Lovelace's husband when she starred in 1972 porn blockbuster "Deep Throat". Later when she divorced Traynor, Lovelace accused him of forcing her into prostitution and threating her at gunpoint into performing in "Deep Throat".
"Lovelace" will reunite Franco with "Howl" helmers Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman who are set to direct the biopic. Kate Hudson has reportedly been offered to take the title role but the film is struggling to find funding. Additionally, Deadline reports Franco's busy schedule might make it difficult to seal him for the project.
There is another film about Linda Lovelace currently developing under the title "Inferno: A Linda Lovelace Story". Lindsay Lohan was attached to portray the porn star, but now the role is taken over by Malin Akerman. Matthew Wilder is on the helming and writing duty for the biopic.
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'