'House M.D.' 7.11 Preview: Cuddy's Mother Dying
In two weeks, "House M.D." will come out with "the most devastating episode" because it involves a lovable character's family member. Cuddy's mother, Arlene (guest star Candice Bergen), is admitted to Princeton Plansboro after complaining about unusual symptoms, but stubborn Arlene insists that House be removed from the case, forcing House to come up with non-conventional - and illegal - means to treat his patient.
House instructs his team to follow his lead, and they discover details in Arlene's personal life that she kept secret from Cuddy and her sister Lucinda (guest star Paula Marshall). Later, Cuddy places her trust in House to ensure that her mother receives the proper medical treatment, leading "by the book" medical student Masters to reevaluate her responsibility to practice within a code of ethics and to follow her boss' orders.
Meanwhile, Taub's ex-wife, Rachel, puts him in contact with her brother who hires Taub to work a job on the side in exchange for much-needed income, which winds up taking a physical and emotional toll on him.
"Family Practice" airs on February 7 on FOX.
Speaking of how Candice blended into the team, Lisa Edelstein who plays Cuddy said, "Candice is amazing- smart, funny funny funny, a pleasure. She plays Cuddy's mom and so she's a smart ass and she's tough. You get more of an understanding why Cuddy can tolerate a man like House."
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie