Jennifer Hudson's Brand New Single 'Where You At'
Jennifer Hudson has debuted a fresh song called "Where You At" which was written by R. Kelly and produced by Harvey Mason Jr. She bares her broken heart in this ballad track, "I stood there in the freezing cold, and I waited for ya, but you never showed. -- Thought you were my hero, but as it turns out you're a no-show."
"Where You At" is the first official single from Jennifer's upcoming sophomore set "I Remember Me". She said, "This song to me is like what I always wanted to do vocally. As an aspiring writer, just the subject of it means so much to me. It's simple and it's something we say every day."
She plans to release the new album in the United States on March 22. The title is based on her poem which was later composed into a song and co-written by OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder. Also making contribution to the album are Alicia Keys, Swizz Beatz, Rich Harrison, Ne-Yo and Stargate.
"I'm excited about this album because it's almost like a renewal for me, reflected through the chapters of my life," she said. "I've called it 'I Remember Me' because of the journey I've been on. I've learned that life constantly surprises you, no matter your plans. My fans have been so loyal, I feel like they have been on this journey with me and I can't wait for them to hear the new album."
Of the content of the album, she revealed, "We got some good up-tempos for you. It's a bit of everything. I think this album brings all of that to the table. I was allowed to be far more involved in the recording process and the song selection. And this time, I only recorded what I loved. If I didn't like it, I was not putting my vocals on that song."
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'