Jennifer Hudson's Brand New Single 'Where You At'
Jennifer Hudson has debuted a fresh song called "Where You At" which was written by R. Kelly and produced by Harvey Mason Jr. She bares her broken heart in this ballad track, "I stood there in the freezing cold, and I waited for ya, but you never showed. -- Thought you were my hero, but as it turns out you're a no-show."
"Where You At" is the first official single from Jennifer's upcoming sophomore set "I Remember Me". She said, "This song to me is like what I always wanted to do vocally. As an aspiring writer, just the subject of it means so much to me. It's simple and it's something we say every day."
She plans to release the new album in the United States on March 22. The title is based on her poem which was later composed into a song and co-written by OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder. Also making contribution to the album are Alicia Keys, Swizz Beatz, Rich Harrison, Ne-Yo and Stargate.
"I'm excited about this album because it's almost like a renewal for me, reflected through the chapters of my life," she said. "I've called it 'I Remember Me' because of the journey I've been on. I've learned that life constantly surprises you, no matter your plans. My fans have been so loyal, I feel like they have been on this journey with me and I can't wait for them to hear the new album."
Of the content of the album, she revealed, "We got some good up-tempos for you. It's a bit of everything. I think this album brings all of that to the table. I was allowed to be far more involved in the recording process and the song selection. And this time, I only recorded what I loved. If I didn't like it, I was not putting my vocals on that song."
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash