Artist of the Week: Tinie Tempah
Before claiming his fame, Tinie Tempah was an average, regular guy from South London who "wanted it all," and would do everything possible to make that dream happen. His strong determination, hard work, talent and daring musical choice made him create irresistible music which captivated music fans and critics alike in just a matter of months.
His debut single "Pass Out" entered U.K. Singles chart at No. 1 with more than 92,000 copies. It ruled the chart for two consecutive weeks and spent at least seven weeks at the top 10 list. As the song stood out among other summer tracks, he was booked for a number of major events ranging from Wireless and Big Chill to Glastonbury and Ibiza Rocks.
The singles that followed the chart-topping song were hits as well. "Frisky" peaked at No. 2 on the country's singles chart, and "Written in the Stars" which features Eric Turner marked his return to the top spot of the chart. With three well-received singles, he went on tour to support A-list stars like Rihanna and Jay-Z before headlining his own gig later on.
After almost a year in the works, his album "Disc-Overy" was finally dropped in October 2010. He tells all in this CD, highlighting the finer things in life that success can offer, detailing the lows of fame and fortune, and offering a candid insight into his childhood growing up in South London.
He said, "On every single song you'll get a line that reveals what life was, and is, like for me. I recorded a lot of it after Pass Out went to No.1, so that gave me a chance to reflect on life before and after achieving success. When I'm in the studio, it's just me in my tracksuit, a bottle of water and my thoughts. Going to No.1 gave me a chance to consider how far I've come, but also how far I intend to go."
He debuted at No. 1 on U.K. Albums chart with the record. He also earned multiple nominations at coveted prize-giving events, and won at least two of them; Best Video for "Frisky" clip and Best Newcomer at last year's MOBO Awards. Although he hasn't released his music in the U.S. just yet, he has already been on the U.S. radar, thanks to remix projects with P. Diddy and Snoop Dogg.
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves