2011 NRJ Music Awards Winners List: Shakira, Justin Bieber, Lady GaGa
2011 winners of NRJ Music Awards were announced in a star-studded ceremony on Saturday night, January 22 in Cannes, France. Taking home coveted prizes at the prize-giving event were Shakira, Justin Bieber and Lady GaGa among other artists.
Shakira took home two trophies, International Song of the Year for her 2010 World Cup anthem "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)" and International Female Artist of the Year. Another international artist who ties her double victories was David Guetta. He got Hit of the Year for his featured single, Flo Rida's "Club Can't Handle Me", and NRJ Award of Honor.
Bieber and GaGa, meanwhile, were given one kudo each. The former was honored with International Revelation of the Year, and the latter was handed Music Video of the Year for her "Telephone" clip which features fellow female singer Beyonce Knowles. Unfortunately, the two didn't show up at the event.
will.i.am and apl.de.ap who came to the event on behalf of Black Eyed Peas walked home with the band's Concert of the Year prize. Bieber's mentor Usher who was also in attendance snatched International Male Artist of the Year title.
Shakira wore a black dress by Tunisian designer Alaia on the red carpet. She attended the awards show with her parents, who sat next to her during the ceremony. Beside taking the stage to collect her gongs, she also appeared on stage to cater audience with live performances of "Loca" and "Waka Waka".
The other celebrities coming to the show were Jermaine Jackson, James Blunt and Bob Sinclair.
- Francophone Revelation of the Year: Joyce Jonathan
- International Revelation of the Year: Justin Bieber
- Francophone Female Artist of the Year: Jenifer
- International Female Artist of the Year: Shakira
- Francophone Male Artist of the Year: M. Pokora
- International Male Artist of the Year: Usher
- Francophone Group/Duo of the Year: Justin Nozuka & Zaho
- International Group/Duo of the Year: Black Eyed Peas
- Francophone Song of the Year: M. Pokora - "Juste Une Photo De Toi"
- International Song of the Year: Shakira - "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)"
- Concert of the Year: Black Eyed Peas
- Music Video of the Year: Lady GaGa and Beyonce Knowles - "Telephone"
- Hit of the Year: Flo Rida ft. David Guetta - "Club Can't Handle Me"
- NRJ Award of Honor: David Guetta
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes