Confirmed: Aaron Carter Enters Rehab for 'Emotional and Spiritual Issues'
Aaron Carter has followed in the footsteps of several celebrities who voluntarily check into rehab. The 23-year-old former "Dancing with the Stars" contestant has checked into a private Southern California facility earlier this month.
His manager Johnny Wright confirms that Aaron entered rehab, explaining "Several months ago Aaron came to me to help him return to music and to restart his career. He has been in Orlando working on a new album and perfecting his live show and his physical body. Aaron, understanding the challenges and hard work it would take to get himself back to the top, requested to take some time before we started to heal some emotional and spiritual issues he was dealing with."
"Therefore he has chosen to enter a facility where he feels he will get the guidance and cleansing he needs that will help him on the music journey he's about to take. He asks that everyone keep him in their prayers and that they respect his privacy at this time."
While his manager mentions "emotional and spiritual issues" as Aaron's reasons to check into rehab, sources say the younger brother of Nick Carter is dealing with addiction issues. "He was struggling recently and needed this," a source tells E! Online.
Nick has been very supportive, reportedly visiting Aaron at the facility between rehearsals for the NKOTBSB tour. The "Crush on You" singer who previously dated Hilary Duff and Lindsay Lohan recently tweeted, "I had a great day with my brother @NickCarter he always comes to bat for me when others believe someone else over me!"
This rehab stint is not Aaron's first effort to treat his addiction issues. Back in 2006, he appeared on "Celebrity Rehab 2" and was treated for substance abuse.
More Aaron Carter News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera