'Glee' Super Bowl Episode Songs Available in Snippets
The songs which would be performed on "Glee" highly-anticipated episode after Super Bowl coverage have been released in snippets. As previously reported, there will be the rendition of Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now", Destiny's Child's "Bills Bills Bills", The Zombies' "She's Not There" and a mash-up of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" and Yeah Yeah Yeahs' "Heads Will Roll".
Lea Michele tackles the country song, singing it as a duet with Mark Salling. Darren Criss and The Warblers do the all-male version of Destiny's Child's song while the New Directions take the duty to perform the mash-up. Meanwhile, Cory Monteith goes solo in "She's Not There".
There's supposed to be two other songs, Katy Perry's "California Gurls" and Black Eyed Peas' "Meet Me Halfway" in the February 6 episode but they are still kept a secret.
Kevin McHale who sings the lead in the "Thriller" number recalled the time he recorded for the song when there was a flu epidemic among the cast and crew. "I was like, I have to sing it," he told EW. "I don't ask for anything. I don't have to sing for the rest of the season - I just have to sing 'Thriller'. And I recorded it sick with, like, a 102[-degree] fever."
The post-Super Bowl episode is the most expensive one that the show has produced so far, particularly on the "Thriller" number. "This is up there with the Rocky Horror, Madonna, and Britney episodes, because there's so much production going into it," Monteith said.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby