'Glee' Super Bowl Episode Songs Available in Snippets
The songs which would be performed on "Glee" highly-anticipated episode after Super Bowl coverage have been released in snippets. As previously reported, there will be the rendition of Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now", Destiny's Child's "Bills Bills Bills", The Zombies' "She's Not There" and a mash-up of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" and Yeah Yeah Yeahs' "Heads Will Roll".
Lea Michele tackles the country song, singing it as a duet with Mark Salling. Darren Criss and The Warblers do the all-male version of Destiny's Child's song while the New Directions take the duty to perform the mash-up. Meanwhile, Cory Monteith goes solo in "She's Not There".
There's supposed to be two other songs, Katy Perry's "California Gurls" and Black Eyed Peas' "Meet Me Halfway" in the February 6 episode but they are still kept a secret.
Kevin McHale who sings the lead in the "Thriller" number recalled the time he recorded for the song when there was a flu epidemic among the cast and crew. "I was like, I have to sing it," he told EW. "I don't ask for anything. I don't have to sing for the rest of the season - I just have to sing 'Thriller'. And I recorded it sick with, like, a 102[-degree] fever."
The post-Super Bowl episode is the most expensive one that the show has produced so far, particularly on the "Thriller" number. "This is up there with the Rocky Horror, Madonna, and Britney episodes, because there's so much production going into it," Monteith said.
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert