'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Takes 5 Minutes Out of 'Nightline'
Fans of "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" will be treated with 5 extra minutes of the show starting February 4. News program "Nightline" is shortened by six minutes while "Kimmel" starts at exactly midnight and still ends at 1:06 A.M. "Nightline" which follows national news will stay intact at 11:35 P.M.
Jimmy Kimmel recently signed a two-year contract extension that would keep him up to season 10. Talking about the move, Kimmel is nothing but grateful. "The earlier you're on, the better," he said. "More people are going to watch, so that's why it's important to me."
It's a win-win solution for Kimmel and ABC. The network will be able to shift a few extra minutes of national ad time to "Kimmel" from "Nightline" and somehow makes more money. "It's a complicated thing, but essentially, ABC will make more money by moving me up," Kimmel said.
As for "Nightline", the program gets a consolation prize later this year. ABC plans to give it 13-episode in primetime series which details are still being worked out.
More Jimmy Kimmel Live! News
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'