'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Takes 5 Minutes Out of 'Nightline'
Fans of "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" will be treated with 5 extra minutes of the show starting February 4. News program "Nightline" is shortened by six minutes while "Kimmel" starts at exactly midnight and still ends at 1:06 A.M. "Nightline" which follows national news will stay intact at 11:35 P.M.
Jimmy Kimmel recently signed a two-year contract extension that would keep him up to season 10. Talking about the move, Kimmel is nothing but grateful. "The earlier you're on, the better," he said. "More people are going to watch, so that's why it's important to me."
It's a win-win solution for Kimmel and ABC. The network will be able to shift a few extra minutes of national ad time to "Kimmel" from "Nightline" and somehow makes more money. "It's a complicated thing, but essentially, ABC will make more money by moving me up," Kimmel said.
As for "Nightline", the program gets a consolation prize later this year. ABC plans to give it 13-episode in primetime series which details are still being worked out.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'