'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Takes 5 Minutes Out of 'Nightline'
Fans of "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" will be treated with 5 extra minutes of the show starting February 4. News program "Nightline" is shortened by six minutes while "Kimmel" starts at exactly midnight and still ends at 1:06 A.M. "Nightline" which follows national news will stay intact at 11:35 P.M.
Jimmy Kimmel recently signed a two-year contract extension that would keep him up to season 10. Talking about the move, Kimmel is nothing but grateful. "The earlier you're on, the better," he said. "More people are going to watch, so that's why it's important to me."
It's a win-win solution for Kimmel and ABC. The network will be able to shift a few extra minutes of national ad time to "Kimmel" from "Nightline" and somehow makes more money. "It's a complicated thing, but essentially, ABC will make more money by moving me up," Kimmel said.
As for "Nightline", the program gets a consolation prize later this year. ABC plans to give it 13-episode in primetime series which details are still being worked out.
More Jimmy Kimmel Live! News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son