'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Takes 5 Minutes Out of 'Nightline'
Fans of "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" will be treated with 5 extra minutes of the show starting February 4. News program "Nightline" is shortened by six minutes while "Kimmel" starts at exactly midnight and still ends at 1:06 A.M. "Nightline" which follows national news will stay intact at 11:35 P.M.
Jimmy Kimmel recently signed a two-year contract extension that would keep him up to season 10. Talking about the move, Kimmel is nothing but grateful. "The earlier you're on, the better," he said. "More people are going to watch, so that's why it's important to me."
It's a win-win solution for Kimmel and ABC. The network will be able to shift a few extra minutes of national ad time to "Kimmel" from "Nightline" and somehow makes more money. "It's a complicated thing, but essentially, ABC will make more money by moving me up," Kimmel said.
As for "Nightline", the program gets a consolation prize later this year. ABC plans to give it 13-episode in primetime series which details are still being worked out.
More Jimmy Kimmel Live! News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'