'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Takes 5 Minutes Out of 'Nightline'
Fans of "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" will be treated with 5 extra minutes of the show starting February 4. News program "Nightline" is shortened by six minutes while "Kimmel" starts at exactly midnight and still ends at 1:06 A.M. "Nightline" which follows national news will stay intact at 11:35 P.M.
Jimmy Kimmel recently signed a two-year contract extension that would keep him up to season 10. Talking about the move, Kimmel is nothing but grateful. "The earlier you're on, the better," he said. "More people are going to watch, so that's why it's important to me."
It's a win-win solution for Kimmel and ABC. The network will be able to shift a few extra minutes of national ad time to "Kimmel" from "Nightline" and somehow makes more money. "It's a complicated thing, but essentially, ABC will make more money by moving me up," Kimmel said.
As for "Nightline", the program gets a consolation prize later this year. ABC plans to give it 13-episode in primetime series which details are still being worked out.
More Jimmy Kimmel Live! News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed