Clint Eastwood to Direct 'A Star Is Born' Remake Starring Beyonce
Clint Eastwood has signed up to serve as a helmer for another "A Star Is Born" film, which has Beyonce Knowles attached to portray the main female character. He additionally will produce the musical along with Billy Gerber, Basil Iwanyk and Jon Peters, who made the third version of "A Star Is Born" with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson.
Clint will direct with the script provided by Will Fetters. And with the "Invictus" director at the helm the upcoming project will be low cost, Deadline Hollywood says. Shooting is expected to start in fall but no male lead is cast yet. Words are, Warner Bros. hopes to pair Beyonce with Will Smith while Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Hamm have been mentioned as the possible lead actor.
"A Star Is Born", which will be the fourth version, has been developed by Warner Bros. for sometime. The project was said falling apart before coming back together. The film will present an updated version of a love affair between an alcoholic star on the way down, and a young female artist on the rise.
Clint Eastwood's latest directing project was "Hereafter" featuring Matt Damon on the lead role. He is set to direct "J. Edgar" which has Leonardo DiCaprio on board to take the titular role.
More A Star Is Born News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna