Clint Eastwood to Direct 'A Star Is Born' Remake Starring Beyonce
Clint Eastwood has signed up to serve as a helmer for another "A Star Is Born" film, which has Beyonce Knowles attached to portray the main female character. He additionally will produce the musical along with Billy Gerber, Basil Iwanyk and Jon Peters, who made the third version of "A Star Is Born" with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson.
Clint will direct with the script provided by Will Fetters. And with the "Invictus" director at the helm the upcoming project will be low cost, Deadline Hollywood says. Shooting is expected to start in fall but no male lead is cast yet. Words are, Warner Bros. hopes to pair Beyonce with Will Smith while Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Hamm have been mentioned as the possible lead actor.
"A Star Is Born", which will be the fourth version, has been developed by Warner Bros. for sometime. The project was said falling apart before coming back together. The film will present an updated version of a love affair between an alcoholic star on the way down, and a young female artist on the rise.
Clint Eastwood's latest directing project was "Hereafter" featuring Matt Damon on the lead role. He is set to direct "J. Edgar" which has Leonardo DiCaprio on board to take the titular role.
- Chris Klein Welcomes First Child With Wife, Shares First Photos of Cute Baby Boy
- 'American Horror Story' First Season 6 Teasers Are Creepy as Hell
- JoJo to Release New Album 'Mad Love' in October
- Ed Sheeran Sparks Wedding Rumors After Spotted With Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed