Clint Eastwood to Direct 'A Star Is Born' Remake Starring Beyonce
Clint Eastwood has signed up to serve as a helmer for another "A Star Is Born" film, which has Beyonce Knowles attached to portray the main female character. He additionally will produce the musical along with Billy Gerber, Basil Iwanyk and Jon Peters, who made the third version of "A Star Is Born" with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson.
Clint will direct with the script provided by Will Fetters. And with the "Invictus" director at the helm the upcoming project will be low cost, Deadline Hollywood says. Shooting is expected to start in fall but no male lead is cast yet. Words are, Warner Bros. hopes to pair Beyonce with Will Smith while Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Hamm have been mentioned as the possible lead actor.
"A Star Is Born", which will be the fourth version, has been developed by Warner Bros. for sometime. The project was said falling apart before coming back together. The film will present an updated version of a love affair between an alcoholic star on the way down, and a young female artist on the rise.
Clint Eastwood's latest directing project was "Hereafter" featuring Matt Damon on the lead role. He is set to direct "J. Edgar" which has Leonardo DiCaprio on board to take the titular role.
More A Star Is Born News
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Here's Why Chris Pratt Refuses to Take Selfies With Fans
- Faye Dunaway Feels 'Very Guilty' About Oscar Flub
- Lil Wayne Ends Idaho Show After Fan Throws Drink at Him - Watch the Footage
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'