Annie Ilonzeh Is Cast as One of the 'Charlie's Angels'
"Charlie's Angels" television remake is taking shape with the casting of one of the angels. Deadline reported that Annie Ilonzeh who stars in "General Hospital" as Maya Ward, is going to be Kate, "a very smart and very athletic ex-cop and a master of martial arts."
As previously reported, the new TV series which is co-produced by Drew Barrymore will feature three new angels living in Miami to battle crimes as private eyes. Kate, Abby and Marisa are working for Charlie whose voice would be provided by Robert Wagner. Kate is said to be "the most serious of our 3 Angels but also knows how to let her hair down and have a great time."
The pilot has been ordered by ABC and the script would be provided by "Smallville" scribes Miles Millar and Al Gough. Original series producer Leonard Goldberg is also on board.
"I would imagine [the show] will probably be quite different, because the technology is quite different," Wagner offered his take. "I would imagine [I will communicate] on cell phones wherever these gals are. I could be tweeting them; I could be doing a lot of things with them."
Two more angles are yet to be cast. Barrymore, who portrayed one of the angels in the movie versions, said they are looking for actresses who are "incredibly capable, but not take themselves too seriously. That's a tough combination to find."
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'