Annie Ilonzeh Is Cast as One of the 'Charlie's Angels'
"Charlie's Angels" television remake is taking shape with the casting of one of the angels. Deadline reported that Annie Ilonzeh who stars in "General Hospital" as Maya Ward, is going to be Kate, "a very smart and very athletic ex-cop and a master of martial arts."
As previously reported, the new TV series which is co-produced by Drew Barrymore will feature three new angels living in Miami to battle crimes as private eyes. Kate, Abby and Marisa are working for Charlie whose voice would be provided by Robert Wagner. Kate is said to be "the most serious of our 3 Angels but also knows how to let her hair down and have a great time."
The pilot has been ordered by ABC and the script would be provided by "Smallville" scribes Miles Millar and Al Gough. Original series producer Leonard Goldberg is also on board.
"I would imagine [the show] will probably be quite different, because the technology is quite different," Wagner offered his take. "I would imagine [I will communicate] on cell phones wherever these gals are. I could be tweeting them; I could be doing a lot of things with them."
Two more angles are yet to be cast. Barrymore, who portrayed one of the angels in the movie versions, said they are looking for actresses who are "incredibly capable, but not take themselves too seriously. That's a tough combination to find."
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch