Annie Ilonzeh Is Cast as One of the 'Charlie's Angels'
"Charlie's Angels" television remake is taking shape with the casting of one of the angels. Deadline reported that Annie Ilonzeh who stars in "General Hospital" as Maya Ward, is going to be Kate, "a very smart and very athletic ex-cop and a master of martial arts."
As previously reported, the new TV series which is co-produced by Drew Barrymore will feature three new angels living in Miami to battle crimes as private eyes. Kate, Abby and Marisa are working for Charlie whose voice would be provided by Robert Wagner. Kate is said to be "the most serious of our 3 Angels but also knows how to let her hair down and have a great time."
The pilot has been ordered by ABC and the script would be provided by "Smallville" scribes Miles Millar and Al Gough. Original series producer Leonard Goldberg is also on board.
"I would imagine [the show] will probably be quite different, because the technology is quite different," Wagner offered his take. "I would imagine [I will communicate] on cell phones wherever these gals are. I could be tweeting them; I could be doing a lot of things with them."
Two more angles are yet to be cast. Barrymore, who portrayed one of the angels in the movie versions, said they are looking for actresses who are "incredibly capable, but not take themselves too seriously. That's a tough combination to find."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame