Annie Ilonzeh Is Cast as One of the 'Charlie's Angels'
"Charlie's Angels" television remake is taking shape with the casting of one of the angels. Deadline reported that Annie Ilonzeh who stars in "General Hospital" as Maya Ward, is going to be Kate, "a very smart and very athletic ex-cop and a master of martial arts."
As previously reported, the new TV series which is co-produced by Drew Barrymore will feature three new angels living in Miami to battle crimes as private eyes. Kate, Abby and Marisa are working for Charlie whose voice would be provided by Robert Wagner. Kate is said to be "the most serious of our 3 Angels but also knows how to let her hair down and have a great time."
The pilot has been ordered by ABC and the script would be provided by "Smallville" scribes Miles Millar and Al Gough. Original series producer Leonard Goldberg is also on board.
"I would imagine [the show] will probably be quite different, because the technology is quite different," Wagner offered his take. "I would imagine [I will communicate] on cell phones wherever these gals are. I could be tweeting them; I could be doing a lot of things with them."
Two more angles are yet to be cast. Barrymore, who portrayed one of the angels in the movie versions, said they are looking for actresses who are "incredibly capable, but not take themselves too seriously. That's a tough combination to find."
More Charlie's Angels News
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set