Professor X and Magneto Use Their Power in New 'X-Men: First Class' Photos
Director Matthew Vaughn has shared more pictures from "X-Men: First Class" after he was made frustrated by a leaked cast picture a few days ago. One image shows James McAvoy's Charles Xavier getting his telepathy. The other one sees Michael Fassbender's Erik Lensherr in costume plus his helmet stretching his hand as if to unleash his power.
Speaking about X-Men uniform, Vaughn tells Slash Film, "The costumes are blue and yellow as well, because f**k it, lets take it back it the original. Also, by the way, those costumes are hardly in the movie. The main costumes are like these cool 60's James Bond..." He also promises the movie will not ruin the original work, saying "I'm a fan of X-Men. We're not bastardizing X-Men, I'm trying to get them back to being whole again."
"Imagine the Cuban Missile crisis and discovering that mutants exist, both at the same time," he dishes on the story. As for some people who get an impression that "First Class" looks like "Fantastic Four", he's got this to say, "It's ['X-Men: First Class'] definitely more serious and more realistic, and I think that's something that had to happen."
Matthew Vaughn is currently editing the movie in London. The film, which will chart the epic beginning of the "X-Men" saga, is set to open in U.S. cinemas on June 3. There is no word on when the first trailer will arrive.
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too