Professor X and Magneto Use Their Power in New 'X-Men: First Class' Photos
Director Matthew Vaughn has shared more pictures from "X-Men: First Class" after he was made frustrated by a leaked cast picture a few days ago. One image shows James McAvoy's Charles Xavier getting his telepathy. The other one sees Michael Fassbender's Erik Lensherr in costume plus his helmet stretching his hand as if to unleash his power.
Speaking about X-Men uniform, Vaughn tells Slash Film, "The costumes are blue and yellow as well, because f**k it, lets take it back it the original. Also, by the way, those costumes are hardly in the movie. The main costumes are like these cool 60's James Bond..." He also promises the movie will not ruin the original work, saying "I'm a fan of X-Men. We're not bastardizing X-Men, I'm trying to get them back to being whole again."
"Imagine the Cuban Missile crisis and discovering that mutants exist, both at the same time," he dishes on the story. As for some people who get an impression that "First Class" looks like "Fantastic Four", he's got this to say, "It's ['X-Men: First Class'] definitely more serious and more realistic, and I think that's something that had to happen."
Matthew Vaughn is currently editing the movie in London. The film, which will chart the epic beginning of the "X-Men" saga, is set to open in U.S. cinemas on June 3. There is no word on when the first trailer will arrive.
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke