Mugler Short Movie Feat. Lady GaGa's 'Born This Way' Song Arrives
After teased in low-quality footage, Lady GaGa's new remixed song for Thierry Mugler's January 19 fashion show has finally debuted in a mini movie from the fashion house. The track reportedly is not the title track, but rather a random cut from her new album "Born This Way".
Fashion photographer Mariano Vivanco directed the movie, and he shot it before he got the music. "I'll be 100 percent honest with you: We didn't get the music until after the video," he told MTV. "Nicola [Formichetti, Mugler creative director and GaGa's stylist] hummed it to me and tried singing it to me. It was hilarious. And described it to me in a really articulate way."
"He said, 'It's techno meets Whitney Houston, in a really good way.' When he described that to me, I thought the best treatment to that would be to film it in slow motion 'cause I think house music with slow-moving images works," he continued. "I filmed a lot of scenes that were in my heart and in my mind."
The movie features skeleton-tattooed model Rick Genest and some shots from the Wednesday runway in black-and-white scenes. "She called Nicola, and she said she loved the video," Vivanco said of how GaGa reacted to the film he created for her music. "She's the queen of our times."
GaGa herself said she made the soundtrack specially for Mugler, not just for anyone because she admired his work. "I love him, my friend the genius, my collaborator, more more than any piece of clothing or closet I possess. But don't tell him I said that, he'll die. He picked them all out," she said in a statement.
As of late, Lady GaGa is currently preparing for her upcoming Grammy performance on February 13 at Staples Center in Los Angeles. She is expected to debut her first single live, and then set to follow it up with a music video premiere and an album release on May 23 in the United States.
More Lady GaGa News
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens