'Off the Map' 1.03 Preview: A Doctor Time Out
Shonda Rhimes' new project "Off the Map" is trying to differentiate itself from "Grey's Anatomy" and "Private Practice" with the new episode. Next week, the doctors would be faced with the harsh living conditions in the third world country before they meet the real medical challenge.
In "A Doctor Time Out", the city is buzzing with the annual festival, but when a live wire electrocutes a young man and causes a citywide blackout, Mina and Otis fight for his life. Meanwhile a dangerous mudslide leaves a young pregnant couple in peril and the doctors scrambling to save them both.
"We have to take this medical case that maybe you've seen on TV before but do it in a completely different way," co-creator Jenna Bans said in an interview with TV Line. "The idea that we cannot do something they've done on 'Grey's Anatomy' is what keeps us going."
The January 26 episode also harbors a romance scene between Zita and Otis. Apparently this chemistry is not only on-screen. "Valerie Cruz and Jason George," Bans revealed the best chemistry. "We had ideas about their off/on relationship, but once we saw them on, we didn't want to go off for too long. The other two are Zach [Gilford, Tommy] and Mamie [Gummer, Mina]."
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer