Video: YouTube Dad & Daughter Duo Singing 'Home' on 'Ellen DeGeneres'
From singing in the bedroom, Jorge Narvaez and his 6-year-old daughter Alexa reached millions of TV audience at American homes when they appeared in an episode of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show". The father/daughter duo reprise their rendition of "Home" by Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros.
Sitting on the couch next to the little girl, Jorge strummed his guitar and whistled in between the acoustic melody. Alexa herself looked adorable - she was confidently charging through the wordy song with her innocent voice. After the performance, they had a brief chat with Ellen and Alexa was given a surprise gift by the host.
Jorge Narvaez and Alexa became YouTube sensations after a home video of them covering Edward Sharpe's song made its way out to the web. The footage has so far drawn three and a half million views, earned the dad a live interview on Ryan Seacrest's radio show, and reportedly an e-mail from Simon Cowell.
Jorge Narvaez is a 24-year-old divorced father of two daughters. With the help of Academic Connections program, he spent three high-school summers living on campus while studying marine biology. He has also studied photography, literature and ethnic studies while juggling some jobs for a living.
More The Ellen DeGeneres Show News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby