Will Smith to Recruit Daughter Willow and Jay-Z for 'Annie' Remake
After developing "The Karate Kid" remake for son Jaden Smith, Will Smith is reportedly planning to make another reboot project for his daughter Willow Smith. The actor/filmmaker is said gearing up to produce a remake to "Annie" with the 10-year-old actress/singer in the titular role.
Details of the project are scarce since it is in the very early stages of development at Will's Overbrook Entertainment. But there are words that Jay-Z might be involved to work on the music. It is not known whether there will be any original songs or the film will feature new material.
"Annie" is based on a daily comic strip that debuted in 1924, "Little Orphan Annie", which told the story of a little girl who, after escaping from an orphanage, is taken in by a rich Oliver "Daddy" Warbucks. The strip was adapted into a Broadway show in 1977 before brought on screen twice, a 1982 John Huston version and a 1999 made-for-tv Disney movie.
"Annie" will not be the first big screen appearance for Willow Smith. She once landed role in "I Am Legend" and starred alongside Abigail Breslin in "Kit Kittredge: An American Girl" which earned her a Young Artist Award.
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role