Will Smith to Recruit Daughter Willow and Jay-Z for 'Annie' Remake
After developing "The Karate Kid" remake for son Jaden Smith, Will Smith is reportedly planning to make another reboot project for his daughter Willow Smith. The actor/filmmaker is said gearing up to produce a remake to "Annie" with the 10-year-old actress/singer in the titular role.
Details of the project are scarce since it is in the very early stages of development at Will's Overbrook Entertainment. But there are words that Jay-Z might be involved to work on the music. It is not known whether there will be any original songs or the film will feature new material.
"Annie" is based on a daily comic strip that debuted in 1924, "Little Orphan Annie", which told the story of a little girl who, after escaping from an orphanage, is taken in by a rich Oliver "Daddy" Warbucks. The strip was adapted into a Broadway show in 1977 before brought on screen twice, a 1982 John Huston version and a 1999 made-for-tv Disney movie.
"Annie" will not be the first big screen appearance for Willow Smith. She once landed role in "I Am Legend" and starred alongside Abigail Breslin in "Kit Kittredge: An American Girl" which earned her a Young Artist Award.
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'