22nd GLAAD Media Awards Nominates 'Glee', 'Pretty Little Liars' and More
Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation has revealed the nominees for its 22nd annual media awards, picking "Glee" and "Pretty Little Liars" among others. In the TV categories, "Glee" which has just won a Golden Globe, would compete for Best Comedy against "Modern Family", "Greek", "United States of Tara" and "Nurse Jackie".
In the meantime, Best Drama is populated by "Grey's Anatomy", "Brothers & Sisters", "Degrassi" and "True Blood" in addition to "Liars". The organization also gives nods to individual episodes in a series without a regular gay character to shows like "30 Rock" and "Law & Order".
Over in movie world, GLAAD lists "The Kids Are All Right" along with "Burlesque", "I Love You Phillip Morris" and "Easy A". Meanwhile, the music category sees Scissor Sisters' work being nominated along with that by country star Chely Wright who came out last year.
GLAAD Media Awards included 114 nominees in 23 English-language categories, and 33 Spanish-language nominees in nine categories. "This year's nominees represent some of the images and stories at the root of the growing acceptance of our community and support for our equality," GLAAD president Jarrett Barrios said. "They also have created a benchmark for inclusion of our community that other media outlets should look to."
The winners will, as usual be unveiled in three ceremonies taking place March 19 in New York; April 16 in Los Angeles; and May 14 in San Francisco.
Nominees in movie, TV and music:
OUTSTANDING FILM - WIDE RELEASE
- "Easy A"
- "The Girl Who Played with Fire"
- "The Kids Are All Right"
- "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World"
- Escape the Castle, "Bored to Death"
- Innocence, "Law & Order"
- Klaus & Greta, "30 Rock"
- Queen of Mean, "Drop Dead Diva"
- Samaritan, "Law & Order: UK"
- "8: The Mormon Proposition"
- "Edie & Thea: A Very Long Engagement"
- "Prodigal Sons"
- "Sylvester, UnSung"
- "Out: The Glenn Burke Story"
- "The Fabulous Beekman Boys"
- "Girls Who Like Boys Who Like Boys"
- "Project Runway"
- "Top Chef: Just Desserts"
- "Transform Me"
- Constance McMillen, "The Ellen DeGeneres Show"
- Neil Patrick Harris, "The Talk"
- Rebuilding Home After Tragedy: The Seth Walsh Story, "The Nate Berkus Show"
- Ricky Martin Coming Out as a Gay Man and a New Dad, "The Oprah Winfrey Show"
- Transgender Kids: Too Young to Decide?, "The Dr. Oz Show"
- Antony and the Johnsons, "Swanlights"
- Big Freedia, "Big Freedia Hitz Vol. 1"
- Chely Wright, "Lifted Off the Ground"
- Kele Okereke, "The Boxer"
- Scissor Sisters, "Night Work"
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked