Bradley Cooper Dealt With Father's Death and House Fire on the Same Weekend
The reason Bradley Cooper and Renee Zellweger were not spotted at the Golden Globes on Sunday, January 16 was a family passing. The actor's father, Charles, died at the age of 71 on Saturday, January 15 after a long illness which is not disclosed. Funeral services are kept private.
Renee who has been dating the actor in the past few years pulled out of the event at the last minutes to support him and traveled back to Jenkintown, Pennsylvania with him. Charles is survived by his wife Gloria, daughter Holly and sister Nancy Peacock.
A former Merrill Lynch stock broker, Charles Cooper had a cameo in his son's film "The A-Team" as as Judge Advocate No. 3 in the court martial scene. "It was one of the best experiences of my life," Bradley told David Letterman on his show. "The guy loves to improvise... I had to calm him down!" He added, "He wanted to improvise with Jessica Biel. He was supposed to stay in his seat, but he got up and the camera had to start moving. He wanted to have a conversation with Jessica!"
Philadelphia Daily News reported that there was another incident at the Coopers' that weekend. On Sunday, the celebrity couple called the local fire department after a fire broke out from the fireplace of Gloria's house. Bradley and Renee were watching the Golden Globes on television at that time.
Four fire trucks from the Abington Fire Department arrived at 10:15 P.M. and extinguished the fire. "It was not a very major fire," a Jenkintown Police Department supervisor told THR. "We didn't have to use hoses. It was out within a few minutes. Pretty much the fireplace got a little out of control." No one was left injured.
More Bradley Cooper News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up