Dr. Dre's 'Detox' Scheduled for April 20
After a long wait and some guessing, release date of Dr. Dre's "Detox" is finally revealed. In a short video message posted by fellow musician Just Blaze on Twitter, the top-notch producer said he is eying to release the long-delayed studio album on April 20*.
Late last year, Dre said he was getting closer to "the finish line." At least four songs which are expected to appear in the album have been embraced by music fans. They are Snoop Dogg-featured "Kush", Jay-Z-assisted "Under Pressure", Eminem-featured "I Need a Doctor", and an all-star track "Syllables" which brings Jigga, the Slim Shady, 50 Cent, Stat Quo and Cashis together.
Dre admitted he was not happy with the song leaks, especially the ones which came out in their unfinished forms. Regardless the issue, he is eager to release the new album, "I'm seriously excited about it. It's feeling good now. One of the reasons it was taking so long is because I felt like I was doing it more out of obligation as opposed to really feeling it. As of last year, I've been really feeling where it's going and it feels good and I think I'm ready."
*UPDATE: A representative for Dr. Dre told MTV that he wasn't referring to his album release date in that video.
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage