Dr. Dre's 'Detox' Scheduled for April 20
After a long wait and some guessing, release date of Dr. Dre's "Detox" is finally revealed. In a short video message posted by fellow musician Just Blaze on Twitter, the top-notch producer said he is eying to release the long-delayed studio album on April 20*.
Late last year, Dre said he was getting closer to "the finish line." At least four songs which are expected to appear in the album have been embraced by music fans. They are Snoop Dogg-featured "Kush", Jay-Z-assisted "Under Pressure", Eminem-featured "I Need a Doctor", and an all-star track "Syllables" which brings Jigga, the Slim Shady, 50 Cent, Stat Quo and Cashis together.
Dre admitted he was not happy with the song leaks, especially the ones which came out in their unfinished forms. Regardless the issue, he is eager to release the new album, "I'm seriously excited about it. It's feeling good now. One of the reasons it was taking so long is because I felt like I was doing it more out of obligation as opposed to really feeling it. As of last year, I've been really feeling where it's going and it feels good and I think I'm ready."
*UPDATE: A representative for Dr. Dre told MTV that he wasn't referring to his album release date in that video.
More Dr. Dre News
- 'Bond 25': Yann Demange, Denis Villeneuve and David Mackenzie Are Frontrunners to Direct
- 'True Detective' Season 3 Nearing a Greenlight, Mahershala Ali Set to Star
- Selena Gomez Gets Kinky in 'Fetish' Music Video
- 'American Idol': Lionel Richie, Charlie Puth and Luke Bryan Are Eyed as New Judges
- Caitlyn Jenner, Lady GaGa, Seth Rogen and More Slam Donald Trump's Transgender Military Ban
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility