Adele's New Single 'Set Fire to the Rain' Arrives
Counting down to the release of her new album "21" on January 24 in the U.K., Adele treats her devotees with a new single called "Set Fire to the Rain". Debuted on BBC Radio Two, the piano-driven track is slightly upbeat with some laid-back spaces which perfectly embrace her powerful voice.
"But there's a side to you that I never knew, never knew/ All the things you say, they were never true, never true/ And the games you play, you would always win, always win/ But I set fire to the rain, watch it pour as I touch your face," the Grammy-winning artist sings.
It's been more than two years since Adele released her critically-acclaimed debut album "19". She has changed, and that influenced her music to evolve into something more mature both in sound and lyrics. "It's different from '19', it's about the same things but in a different light. I deal with things differently now," she stated.
"I'm more patient, more honest, more forgiving and more aware of my own flaws, habits and principles. Something that comes with age I think. So fittingly this record is called '21'. The whole reason I called my first album '19' was about cataloging what happened to me then and who I was then, like a photo album you see the progression and changes in a person throughout the years."
More Adele News
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test