Adele's New Single 'Set Fire to the Rain' Arrives
Counting down to the release of her new album "21" on January 24 in the U.K., Adele treats her devotees with a new single called "Set Fire to the Rain". Debuted on BBC Radio Two, the piano-driven track is slightly upbeat with some laid-back spaces which perfectly embrace her powerful voice.
"But there's a side to you that I never knew, never knew/ All the things you say, they were never true, never true/ And the games you play, you would always win, always win/ But I set fire to the rain, watch it pour as I touch your face," the Grammy-winning artist sings.
It's been more than two years since Adele released her critically-acclaimed debut album "19". She has changed, and that influenced her music to evolve into something more mature both in sound and lyrics. "It's different from '19', it's about the same things but in a different light. I deal with things differently now," she stated.
"I'm more patient, more honest, more forgiving and more aware of my own flaws, habits and principles. Something that comes with age I think. So fittingly this record is called '21'. The whole reason I called my first album '19' was about cataloging what happened to me then and who I was then, like a photo album you see the progression and changes in a person throughout the years."
More Adele News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'