'Social Network' Is Best Picture, 'Inception' Takes Most at 16th Critics' Choice Movie Awards
The winners of the 16th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards have been fully unveiled at the Friday, January 14 ceremony. Although "Inception" was the movie which walked away with the most nods, it was "The Social Network" which claimed the coveted prize.
The movie starring Jesse Eisenberg as Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg won the Best Picture category which was populated by "Inception" as well. The pic also took three other trophies in the categories Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Score for the title track made by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross.
In the meantime, "Inception" went home with five wins including Best Cinematography and Best Visual Effects. Triumphant in the supporting acting categories are "The Fighter" actor and actress Christian Bale and Melissa Leo. For the leading actor and actress, Colin Firth from "The King's Speech" and Natalie Portman from "Black Swan" came out victorious.
Portman's trophy was the only one for "Black Swan". It headed into the ceremony with a record 12 nominations but lost eleven of them.
- BEST PICTURE: "The Social Network"
- BEST ACTOR: Colin Firth, "The King's Speech"
- BEST ACTRESS: Natalie Portman, "Black Swan"
- BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Christian Bale, "The Fighter"
- BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Melissa Leo, "The Fighter"
- BEST YOUNG ACTOR/ACTRESS: Hailee Steinfeld, "True Grit"
- BEST ACTING ENSEMBLE: "The Fighter"
- BEST DIRECTOR: David Fincher, "The Social Network"
- BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: "The King's Speech"
- BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: "The Social Network"
- BEST ANIMATED FEATURE: "Toy Story 3"
- BEST ACTION MOVIE: "Inception"
- BEST COMEDY: "Easy A"
- BEST PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION: "The Pacific"
- BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM: "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo"
- BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE: "Waiting for Superman"
- BEST SONG: "If I Rise" - performed by Dido and A. R. Rahman /music by A.R. Rahman/lyrics by Dido Armstrong and Rollo Armstrong - "127 Hours"
- BEST SCORE: "The Social Network" - Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
- BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY: "Inception"
- BEST ART DIRECTION: "Inception"
- BEST EDITING: "Inception"
- BEST COSTUME DESIGN: "Alice in Wonderland"
- BEST MAKEUP: "Alice in Wonderland"
- BEST VISUAL EFFECTS: "Inception"
- BEST SOUND: "Inception"
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- Ready to Settle Down? Taylor Lautner and Billie Lourd Already 'Talking Marriage'
- Inside Blake Shelton's Romantic Summer Tryst With Gwen Stefani
- Gal Gadot Nearly Quitted Acting Before Landing Wonder Woman Role
- Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes Board Private Jet Together in Paris Despite Boldly Denying Romance
- Kylie Jenner Tells Bella Thorne to be Careful of 'Charming Player' Scott Disick
- 'Survivor: Game Changers': [Spoiler] Is Crowned the Winner of Season 34
- Is Gwen Stefani Pregnant With Blake Shelton's Child?