Dominic Purcell of 'Prison Break' Joins Audition for 'Spartacus'
One more name is tossed into the bowl as the search for Andy Whitfield's replacement continues. Following the report that "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" producers preferred to pick a relatively-unknown actor like Whitfield when he first started, a new report surfaces that they are considering the otherwise.
"Prison Break" star Dominic Purcell has reportedly sent them a screen test video for the titular role last Friday, January 7 while he was vacationing in Australia. Deadline said Starz has approached actor for the part although they already had another actor in mind, Liam McIntyre.
Australian McIntyre was allegedly the lead contender but his thin physique was a problem. While McIntyre is still working to bulk up the mass, Purcell already has the body to make a convincing gladiator.
It is unclear whether the producers have made a decision. During TCA Press Tour last week, Starz's president Chris Albrecht said the network brass are "confident that we will find an actor who can ably step into Spartacus' sandals." Production is expected to begin soon for a premiere later this year.
Interestingly, it was reported back in October that Purcell's "Prison Break" co-star Wentworth Miller also expressed an interest to take over the role. Purcell was the last minute addition to "Prison" which may also be the case on "Spartacus" if he nails the role.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'