Official: Eminem, Miranda Lambert, Cee-Lo Are Grammy Performers
As Grammy performers continue to leak in the past few days, the National Academy of Recording Arts & Science finally come forward to give their announcement. Musical guests like Arcade Fire, Lady GaGa and Katy Perry have already been rumored before, but the others like Eminem, Miranda Lambert and Cee-Lo Green were not mentioned until the official statement.
The Slim Shady is a Grammy vet who has repeatedly performed at the event in the previous years. The Gnarls Barkley star also has previously been invited to the Grammy stage as a musical act. But for 27-year-old Lambert, this will mark her first Grammy performance ever.
This year, Eminem dominates nominations list, sweeping 10 nods including top honor Album of the Year. His multi platinum-selling album "Recovery" faces off Arcade Fire's "The Suburbs", Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now, GaGa's "The Fame Monster" and Perry's "Teenage Dream".
Cee-Lo is nominated in four categories. "F**k You" which was edited to "Forget You" for radio airplays lands him three nods, Record of the Year, Song of the Year and Best Urban/Alternative Performance. Additionally, its music video is vying for Best Short Form Music Video.
Miranda Lambert is competing for three coveted awards, Best Female Country Vocal Performance for "The House That Built Me", Best Country Collaboration With Vocals for "Bad Angel" (with Dierks Bentley and Jamey Johnson), as well as Best Country Album for "Revolution".
The winners will be announced in a live telecast at Staples Center in Los Angeles on February 13 and aired on CBS at 8 -11:30 P.M. (ET/PT). Presenters, host and additional performers are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie