Ted Williams: 'Don't Give Up on Me America'
The few moments before Ted Williams signed off from his short days of fame have been captured in a video by ET. The 53-year-old who went from homeless to famous due to his golden voice shed a tear because he did not want to leave. But once he gathered his emotion, Williams promised that he would be back "bigger and better than ever".
The ET camera followed Williams on Thursday, January 13 afternoon as he was shuttled to Bob Hope International Airport in Burbank. Stopping by to see his grandchildren in Ohio first, Williams then headed straight to the airport for a flight to Texas. After a heart-to-heart talk, Dr. Phil has recommended him to enter a facility in South Padre Island called Origins Recovery Center.
Williams who will be accompanied by a physician, bid his goodbye "Hey America, I'm going to get well. All I ask is that you don't forget me, please. ...I want you to know that your prayers are being answered as well as mine." Before he entered the airport, he added, "Don't give up on me America. I'm on my way to get healthier."
Williams had a revelation on "Dr. Phil" that despite his claim that he's been sober for about two years, he was still consuming the demon in a bottle. The pinnacle came when he was detained by police after an altercation with his daughter who revealed to the world that he had consumed at least a bottle of drink that night. Williams then agreed to take care of himself first before making a career in Hollywood.
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His Debut on 'SNL'
- Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Can't Stop Tweeting During National Security Briefing on 'SNL'
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball