'Tron Legacy' Sequel Possibly Close to Get Green Light
"Tron Legacy" does not perform as well as people expected. But with its current worldwide cume which almost passes $300 million, Walt Disney Pictures reportedly thinks there is still a bright future for this franchise that they are going to make the follow-up. Ain't It Cool News reports that the sci-fi fantasy movie "is getting close, incredibly close to having its sequel announced."
Previously, it has been said that Disney is aiming to make a trilogy with "Tron Legacy" as the first film. They reportedly have even hired "Lost" writers/co-executive producers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz to pen the sequel, but it has not been made official yet.
Meanwhile, Olivia Wilde recently shared her thought for her character supposed there is "Tron Legacy" sequel. "I'm so thrilled to play with Quorra in the human world. It would be sort of like 'Splash'," she told MTV, referring to the 1980s comedy featuring Daryl Hannah as a mermaid unleashed in Manhattan. "I want to see her whispering to laptops and hugging toasters... There's a whole other chapter ahead."
"Tron Legacy" itself is a sequel to 1982 "Tron" which starred Jeff Bridges as Kevin Flynn. In the 2010 film, Kevin's son Sam who is portrayed by Garrett Hedlund is pulled into the same world of fierce programs and gladiatorial games where Kevin has been living for 25 years while searching for his father.
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch