'Tron Legacy' Sequel Possibly Close to Get Green Light
"Tron Legacy" does not perform as well as people expected. But with its current worldwide cume which almost passes $300 million, Walt Disney Pictures reportedly thinks there is still a bright future for this franchise that they are going to make the follow-up. Ain't It Cool News reports that the sci-fi fantasy movie "is getting close, incredibly close to having its sequel announced."
Previously, it has been said that Disney is aiming to make a trilogy with "Tron Legacy" as the first film. They reportedly have even hired "Lost" writers/co-executive producers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz to pen the sequel, but it has not been made official yet.
Meanwhile, Olivia Wilde recently shared her thought for her character supposed there is "Tron Legacy" sequel. "I'm so thrilled to play with Quorra in the human world. It would be sort of like 'Splash'," she told MTV, referring to the 1980s comedy featuring Daryl Hannah as a mermaid unleashed in Manhattan. "I want to see her whispering to laptops and hugging toasters... There's a whole other chapter ahead."
"Tron Legacy" itself is a sequel to 1982 "Tron" which starred Jeff Bridges as Kevin Flynn. In the 2010 film, Kevin's son Sam who is portrayed by Garrett Hedlund is pulled into the same world of fierce programs and gladiatorial games where Kevin has been living for 25 years while searching for his father.
- Jennifer Lopez Breaks Silence on Her Relationship With Drake
- Joe Jonas Approves of Demi Lovato's On-Again Romance With Guilhermo Vasconcelos
- Surly and His Squad Fight for New Home in 'The Nut Job 2' First Trailer
- 'American Crime Story' Will Take on Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky Sex Scandal
- Kim Kardashian Did Want to Divorce Kanye West. Here's Why She Stays
- New 'Kong: Skull Island' Banner Suggests Kong's Soft Spot
- Bella Thorne Defends Ex-Beau Gregg Sulkin After His Alleged Nude Pics Surface
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake Among Winners in Music