Pics: Colin Firth Receives Walk of Fame Star
Colin Firth has probably made the best of himself at the age of 50. Generating praise for his performance in "The King's Speech" which could land him an Oscar nod, the actor has been honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday, January 13.
Colin's star is the 2,429th and is located in front of the Pig 'N Whistle pub on Hollywood Boulevard, right next to British actress Emma Thompson's. He was accompanied by wife Livia Giuggioli when receiving the star, crediting her for his achievement so far.
"I want to thank everybody that has accompanied me on this extraordinary journey, but probably more than anybody I could ever imagine Livia who has walked every step of this with me joyfully and truthfully," he said while delivering an emotional speech. "When I look down there at that star, it's her name I see."
Overwhelmed by happiness, the depicter of Mark Darcy in "Bridget Jones's Diary" was reluctant to admit he had shed a tear, saying with laughter "You can make of it what you will, it was the wind." Still, he managed to make a joke, "I have a feeling I'm going to be here when I'm about 93 under a pile of blankets asking for spare change and trying to convince anyone that will listen that I'm the guy whose name is on the sidewalk - failing to recognise that the old lady next to me is in fact Emma Thompson."
"The King's Speech" director Tom Hooper and Colin's co-star in the film, Guy Pearce, were also present at the ceremony to congratulate him. Colin is vying a Golden Golden award for the Best Actor in a Motion Picture Drama which will be announced in a gala this Sunday, January 16.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake