First Official Look at Andrew Garfield in New 'Spider-Man' Costume
Sony has released the first official picture of untitled Spider-Man Reboot which is currently in production. Answering fans' curiosity, the photo shows Andrew Garfield who portrays the titular character in Spider-Man costume. Battered and messy, the depicter of Peter Parker is also seen carrying a bag which highlights his status as high school student.
The suit, as can be seen in the image, has been designed to be different than the one worn by Tobey Maguire in Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man" trilogy. Those changes include the spider symbol on the chest and the material used. It additionally presents Garfield with slender physique than Maguire's.
But one thing that gets the most attention is tiny gold objects attached to the wrist that some believe to be web-shooters. In the comics the web-shooters are made by Spider-Man himself, but in the first "Spider-Man" film it was decided to make the web-shooters an organic mutation since the filmmakers thought it wasn't possible that a high-schooler could create something so advanced.
"Spider-Man" reboot is now shooting under the direction of Marc Webb. Emma Stone stars opposite Andrew Garfield as his love interest Gwen Stacy, and Rhys Ifans is tapped to star as an unnamed villainous character. This 3-D action fantasy film is slated to arrive in the U.S. on July 3, 2012.
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?
- Kesha's Mother Admits She Has No Firsthand Personal Knowledge of Alleged Rape by Dr. Luke
- Meet Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes' Youngest Daughter Amada
- Tyga Premieres Fun Video for 'Flossin' Featuring His Son King Cairo
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs