First Official Look at Andrew Garfield in New 'Spider-Man' Costume
Sony has released the first official picture of untitled Spider-Man Reboot which is currently in production. Answering fans' curiosity, the photo shows Andrew Garfield who portrays the titular character in Spider-Man costume. Battered and messy, the depicter of Peter Parker is also seen carrying a bag which highlights his status as high school student.
The suit, as can be seen in the image, has been designed to be different than the one worn by Tobey Maguire in Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man" trilogy. Those changes include the spider symbol on the chest and the material used. It additionally presents Garfield with slender physique than Maguire's.
But one thing that gets the most attention is tiny gold objects attached to the wrist that some believe to be web-shooters. In the comics the web-shooters are made by Spider-Man himself, but in the first "Spider-Man" film it was decided to make the web-shooters an organic mutation since the filmmakers thought it wasn't possible that a high-schooler could create something so advanced.
"Spider-Man" reboot is now shooting under the direction of Marc Webb. Emma Stone stars opposite Andrew Garfield as his love interest Gwen Stacy, and Rhys Ifans is tapped to star as an unnamed villainous character. This 3-D action fantasy film is slated to arrive in the U.S. on July 3, 2012.
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?