First Official Look at Andrew Garfield in New 'Spider-Man' Costume
Sony has released the first official picture of untitled Spider-Man Reboot which is currently in production. Answering fans' curiosity, the photo shows Andrew Garfield who portrays the titular character in Spider-Man costume. Battered and messy, the depicter of Peter Parker is also seen carrying a bag which highlights his status as high school student.
The suit, as can be seen in the image, has been designed to be different than the one worn by Tobey Maguire in Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man" trilogy. Those changes include the spider symbol on the chest and the material used. It additionally presents Garfield with slender physique than Maguire's.
But one thing that gets the most attention is tiny gold objects attached to the wrist that some believe to be web-shooters. In the comics the web-shooters are made by Spider-Man himself, but in the first "Spider-Man" film it was decided to make the web-shooters an organic mutation since the filmmakers thought it wasn't possible that a high-schooler could create something so advanced.
"Spider-Man" reboot is now shooting under the direction of Marc Webb. Emma Stone stars opposite Andrew Garfield as his love interest Gwen Stacy, and Rhys Ifans is tapped to star as an unnamed villainous character. This 3-D action fantasy film is slated to arrive in the U.S. on July 3, 2012.
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'