'Big Bang Theory' Renewed and Gets Publicist Guild Nom
Good news comes in two for "The Big Bang Theory". First of all, CBS has just announced that the sitcom would be here to stay at least three more years. Second of all, the show has just received a nomination at 48th annual Maxwell Weinberg Showmanship Award which is presented by Publicists Guild.
About the renewal, CBS Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television have reached a multi-year broadcast agreement for the top-rated, Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment, and Peter Roth, President of WB. TV announced on Wednesday, January 12. It will bring the show up to 2013-2014 season.
"It doesn't take a theoretical physicist to see why this show is a BIG part of our comedy future," said Tassler. "From ratings to critical acclaim to pop culture buzz, it's struck a chord on all levels. The creative genius of Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady and the on-camera talents of an amazing young ensemble have created a comedy that will entertain viewers for a long time. We're proud to partner with Warner Bros. on another highly successful, long-running comedy."
Roth chimed in, "We are delighted and grateful that CBS has once again rewarded THE BIG BANG THEORY with a multiyear renewal. This is a testament to the inspired and brilliant work of the show's entire creative team, and we look forward to continuing this highly successful partnership."
Meanwhile, the Publicists Guild Awards would be presented at a luncheon kicking off Oscar weekend on Friday, February 25 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Battling "Theory" are "Fringe", "The Good Wife", "The Vampire Diaries" and "The Walking Dead".
More The Big Bang Theory News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville