Katy Perry and Arcade Fire to Sing at 2011 Grammys
As the February 13 live ceremony of 2011 Grammy Awards comes closer by day, people are itching to know who's going to perform at the awards show. The most recent reports suggested Katy Perry and Arcade Fire have been secured by the event organizer to serve as musical guests.
The Perry rumor was brought to attention by Entertainment Tonight, while the Arcade Fire report was first mentioned by Pitchfork. The National Academy of Recording Arts & Science hasn't responded to the former story, but quickly gave a nod to the latter news.
Earlier this week, Britney Spears and Lady GaGa were said to be among the performers as well. While Britney's camp insisted they "have not confirmed a performance at the Grammys at this time," GaGa's choreographer said yes about the possible performance.
Both Katy Perry and Lady GaGa are nominated for Album of the Year, Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals and Best Pop Vocal Album this year. As for GaGa, she additionally is vying for Best Dance Recording and Best Short Form Music Video.
Arcade Fire are also up for Album of the Year in addition to competing for Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals and Best Alternative Music Album. Britney Spears, meanwhile, has no single nomination, but she is a multiple nominee in the previous years and a 2005 Grammy winner with her single "Toxic" awarded Best Dance Recording.
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs