Dad: Keira Knightley Splits From Rupert Friend
Back in December there were reports that Keira Knightley's relationship with Rupert Friend was in the rocks. Today her father confirmed that the celebrity couple has decided to end their five-year romance and that it was mutual.
Keira's father Will Knightley said in a statement to The Sun, "Yes, they have broken up. But that's the way things go, unfortunately. The only option is to get on with things." Talking to the tabloid from his Richmond, South West London home, Will added, "They were together for quite a long time and it is always hard breaking up. She's focused on her work."
Keira has completed the filming of "A Dangerous Method" which is due to be released in the U.S. later this year. She is also rumored to be in the shortlist of "The Dark Knight Rises".
Keira and Rupert met in 2005 when they worked together in "Pride and Prejudice". They have fueled the speculation of a split when he was seen attending the London Coliseum gala production of English National Ballet's "The Nutcracker" in December 2010 with his mother in his arm.
A pal said they had a heart-to-heart conversation before Christmas. Rumor has it, the pressure of public attention had driven them apart. "Rupert hates the idea of being followed and photographed. Keira partially had to accept it because of her rising profile," a pal said. "It affected the harmony in the relationship. The pressure took its toll and both decided they should go their separate ways. They will remain life-long friends."
More Keira Knightley News
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt