Dad: Keira Knightley Splits From Rupert Friend
Back in December there were reports that Keira Knightley's relationship with Rupert Friend was in the rocks. Today her father confirmed that the celebrity couple has decided to end their five-year romance and that it was mutual.
Keira's father Will Knightley said in a statement to The Sun, "Yes, they have broken up. But that's the way things go, unfortunately. The only option is to get on with things." Talking to the tabloid from his Richmond, South West London home, Will added, "They were together for quite a long time and it is always hard breaking up. She's focused on her work."
Keira has completed the filming of "A Dangerous Method" which is due to be released in the U.S. later this year. She is also rumored to be in the shortlist of "The Dark Knight Rises".
Keira and Rupert met in 2005 when they worked together in "Pride and Prejudice". They have fueled the speculation of a split when he was seen attending the London Coliseum gala production of English National Ballet's "The Nutcracker" in December 2010 with his mother in his arm.
A pal said they had a heart-to-heart conversation before Christmas. Rumor has it, the pressure of public attention had driven them apart. "Rupert hates the idea of being followed and photographed. Keira partially had to accept it because of her rising profile," a pal said. "It affected the harmony in the relationship. The pressure took its toll and both decided they should go their separate ways. They will remain life-long friends."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!