Dad: Keira Knightley Splits From Rupert Friend
Back in December there were reports that Keira Knightley's relationship with Rupert Friend was in the rocks. Today her father confirmed that the celebrity couple has decided to end their five-year romance and that it was mutual.
Keira's father Will Knightley said in a statement to The Sun, "Yes, they have broken up. But that's the way things go, unfortunately. The only option is to get on with things." Talking to the tabloid from his Richmond, South West London home, Will added, "They were together for quite a long time and it is always hard breaking up. She's focused on her work."
Keira has completed the filming of "A Dangerous Method" which is due to be released in the U.S. later this year. She is also rumored to be in the shortlist of "The Dark Knight Rises".
Keira and Rupert met in 2005 when they worked together in "Pride and Prejudice". They have fueled the speculation of a split when he was seen attending the London Coliseum gala production of English National Ballet's "The Nutcracker" in December 2010 with his mother in his arm.
A pal said they had a heart-to-heart conversation before Christmas. Rumor has it, the pressure of public attention had driven them apart. "Rupert hates the idea of being followed and photographed. Keira partially had to accept it because of her rising profile," a pal said. "It affected the harmony in the relationship. The pressure took its toll and both decided they should go their separate ways. They will remain life-long friends."
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna