Taylor Swift Leads Another Quiet Week on Hot 200
Despite suffering 32% decrease in sale number, Taylor Swift's "Speak Now" continues to rule Billboard Hot 200 this week and marks her sixth non-consecutive week at the penthouse. The country music record which finished third on the 2010 U.S. highest-selling albums list added another 52,000 copies.
It becomes the lowest-ever sales figure for a No. 1 album in the Nielsen SoundScan history. The record was previously held by the "Dreamgirls" soundtrack in January 2007 when it claimed the top spot of the U.S. albums chart with slightly more than 60,000 units.
Next on the chart, Swift is followed by Nicki Minaj who rises from No. 4 to the runner-up place with her "Pink Friday" (39,000). Bruno Mars' "Doo - Wops & Hooligans" takes the advantage of the quiet week as well, climbing from No. 7 to No. 3 with 38,000.
"Tron Legacy" soundtrack by Daft Punk moves up to No. 4, Eminem's "Recovery" gives up the second spot to sit at No. 5, Rihanna's "Loud" trails behind the rap album, Kanye West's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" falls to No. 7, Mumford & Sons' "Sigh No More" stays at its last week's position at No. 8, and Jason Aldean's "My Kinda Party" is back on the list by taking the ninth place.
Making a huge jump to the Top 10 this week is "Country Strong" soundtrack. Having been in stores since October 2010, the compilation which features Gwyneth Paltrow, Tim McGraw and Leighton Meester moves up 139 positions to No. 10 with 28,000 (up 477%).
- "Speak Now" - Taylor Swift (52,000)
- "Pink Friday" - Nicki Minaj (39,000)
- "Doo - Wops & Hooligans" - Bruno Mars (38,000)
- "Tron Legacy" soundtrack - Daft Punk (34,000)
- "Recovery" - Eminem (33,000)
- "Loud" - Rihanna (33,000)
- "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" - Kanye West (33,000)
- "Sigh No More" - Mumford & Sons (31,000)
- "My Kinda Party - Jason Aldean (29,000)
- "Country Strong" soundtrack - various artists (28,000)
More Taylor Swift News
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs