Bellamy Brothers Talk Similarity Between Their Song and Britney's
Britney Spears's newly-released single "Hold It Against Me" is rumored to be a rip-off. Some of the lyrics in the chorus are similar to those of The Bellamy Brothers' 1979 classic song. While the duo sings "If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?", Britney delivers refrain "So if I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me?"
"This particular title is kinda hard to disguise, because the title is the song. It's not like saying, 'I love you, baby.' I think songwriters have become watered down. This makes me sound like an old man again, but I find that songwriters now are not as strong as they used to be in the '60 or '70s," David Bellamy told Entertainment Weekly.
"I naturally gravitate to that. I like singer-songwriters, strong hooks, old rock, and old country. I'm not really a big fan of the Euro dance mixes, but I think there's just more original stuff out there to do than just rehashing old titles," he continued sharing his insight.
Commenting on their situation now that the rip-off rumor makes its way out, he simply laughed it off, "It's not every day you get in the middle of a Britney Spears brawl." Although pissed off, they won't make any decision to take legal action until they "see what the intent was."
He added, "Britney, she could get away with singing those. We can't, because they would call us dirty old men at this point. I guess that's why she's doing it, 'cause she can get away with it ... Maybe she'll come over and we'll do a duet or something."
"Hold It Against Me" is the lead single from Britney's not-yet-titled album which is slated for March release. The song reportedly has shot straight to No. 1 on iTunes charts in sixteen countries and broke radio record by getting more airplays than any other tracks in the first day of release.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars