2011 DGA Awards Nominees in TV and Commercials
HBO, as usual, leads in the nomination list of DGA Awards with a string of its 2010 projects. This year, the Directors Guild Awards is looking forward to honor miniseries "The Pacific" and the cable's new series "Boardwalk Empire" as well as TV movies "Temple Grandin" and "You Don't Know Jack".
"Pacific" takes in three nods with accolades for David Nutter who directed the eighth episode, Tim van Patten who directed "Part 9" and Jeremy Podeswa who directed the series finale. Meanwhile, "Boardwalk" receives the two nods in Dramatic Series, one for Martin Scorsese who directed the pilot and the other for Allen Couter who directed the 11th episode called "Paris Green". Scorsese had received 8 DGA nominations but this is his first in TV.
ABC is also making it a competition through "Modern Family". Taking nods for Steve Levitan and Michael Spiller, the comedy will compete with episodic directors of "30 Rock", "Glee" and "Entourage". This is not "Modern" 's first nomination because it won the category last year.
Reality programs nominations go to "The Hills", "The Next Iron Chef", "Private Chefs of Beverly Hills: Challah Back", "Master Chef" and "The Amazing Race".
The DGA is also honoring other categories such as commercials, musical variety and children's programs. The complete nominations are available at DGA.org. The ceremony to announce the winners would be held on January 29 in Grand Ballroom at Hollywood and Highland.
"Whether it's a 30-second commercial or a multi-part miniseries, television directors are crucial to the success of any television project," DGA persident Taylor Hackford said. "As the DGA celebrates its 75th anniversary this year, we salute the critical role of the director in TV and are proud to honor the tremendous range of excellence found in the projects nominated today. Congratulations to all of the nominees."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics