Teaser Trailer for Biopic 'Soul Surfer' Emerges
Sean McNamara is bringing to screen the inspirational story of surf icon Bethany Hamilton in "Soul Surfer" which first teaser trailer has hit the web. It follows AnnaSophia Robb's Hamilton who defies all odds to compete and win professional championships after losing her arm in a shark attack at age 13.
The biopic will also become a movie debut for country music singer Carrie Underwood. She takes the role of a church youth leader who is seen being supportive to Hamilton. Dennis Quaid and Helen Hunt additionally join the cast as Hamilton's parents.
Beside serving as a helmer, Sean McNamara teams up with Deborah Schwartz, Douglas Schwartz and Michael Berk to write the script for "Soul Surfer". The sport drama will make its way out on theaters across the nation on April 8.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation