Details of Britney Spears' Possible Performance at 2011 Grammys
Just a day after hitting headlines for
"Hold It Against Me" single premiere, Britney Spears is rumored to be heading to Grammy Awards on February 13 for a live performance. A representative for the singer, however, told Perez Hilton, "We have not confirmed a performance at the Grammys at this time."
While the rep didn't seem to specifically deny it, another source from MuuMuse insisted that Britney is indeed going to serve as one of the performers at the awards show. It should be noted that the online publication was the first to accurately reveal Britney's single title, as well as Dr. Luke and Max Martin's production credits.
"I'm hearing we're getting A MEDLEY OF HITS, plus a performance of 'Hold It Against Me'," details of the possible performance were further unveiled. Still, it's still too early to draw any conclusion until official announcement about Grammy musical guests, which should be made soon since it has already been a month away of the live ceremony.
"Hold It Against Me" is the lead single from Britney's not-yet-titled album which is slated for March release. Due to overwhelming response, the song reportedly has shot straight to No. 1 on iTunes charts in sixteen countries. Also, it broke radio record to get more airplays than any other tracks in the first day of release.
In the U.S. alone, "Top 40 outlets across the country immediately put 'Hold It Against Me' in rotation and received instant-reaction airplay at America's most-influential stations, including Z100 and WXRK in New York and KIIS and KAMP in Los Angeles," radio-industry analyst Kevin McCabe said.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences