Details of Britney Spears' Possible Performance at 2011 Grammys
Just a day after hitting headlines for
"Hold It Against Me" single premiere, Britney Spears is rumored to be heading to Grammy Awards on February 13 for a live performance. A representative for the singer, however, told Perez Hilton, "We have not confirmed a performance at the Grammys at this time."
While the rep didn't seem to specifically deny it, another source from MuuMuse insisted that Britney is indeed going to serve as one of the performers at the awards show. It should be noted that the online publication was the first to accurately reveal Britney's single title, as well as Dr. Luke and Max Martin's production credits.
"I'm hearing we're getting A MEDLEY OF HITS, plus a performance of 'Hold It Against Me'," details of the possible performance were further unveiled. Still, it's still too early to draw any conclusion until official announcement about Grammy musical guests, which should be made soon since it has already been a month away of the live ceremony.
"Hold It Against Me" is the lead single from Britney's not-yet-titled album which is slated for March release. Due to overwhelming response, the song reportedly has shot straight to No. 1 on iTunes charts in sixteen countries. Also, it broke radio record to get more airplays than any other tracks in the first day of release.
In the U.S. alone, "Top 40 outlets across the country immediately put 'Hold It Against Me' in rotation and received instant-reaction airplay at America's most-influential stations, including Z100 and WXRK in New York and KIIS and KAMP in Los Angeles," radio-industry analyst Kevin McCabe said.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal