Official: Shakira Splits From Boyfriend of Eleven Years
After dating for about 11 years now, Shakira and her longtime beau Antonio de la Rua called it quits. In a joint statement released earlier this week, the former couple who are also business partners said they have quietly ended their romance since August 2010 and the decision was a "mutual" one.
"During our almost 11 years together we have loved each other deeply, taken care of each other and stood by one another," they said looking back at their togetherness. "They have been the most wonderful years of our lives, and thanks to that love and the respect that we share for one another we have been an exceptional couple and partners."
The two "view this period of separation as temporary." In the meantime, they continue to be partners in business and professional lives. "We move forward as partners, developing projects together, working hand in hand and in close communication. Our friendship and understanding of one another is unwavering and indestructible," they gushed.
More Shakira News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri