Ed Westwick Lands Important Role in Clint Eastwood's 'J. Edgar'
Clint Eastwood has found an actor to fill in a major supporting role for his upcoming film "J. Edgar". After tapping Leonardo DiCaprio to tackle the titular role, Ed Westwick is now cast to portray an FBI agent who is tasked with writing Hoover's memoir.
Westwick's character is described as "a clean cut operative with writing skill." Deadline further explains, "Once Hoover discovers he can write, he conscripts Agent Smith to write Hoover's biography, until Smith gets a little too close to the truth."
While locking Westwick, "J. Edgar" will not have Charlize Theron starring in it as rumored. The "Monster" beauty was widely linked to the role of Helen Gandy but she apparently opts to sign on for "Snow White and the Huntsman" instead. Now, Eastwood is looking at Naomi Watts and Amy Adams to portray Gandy, the longtime assistant to Hoover.
Dustin Lance Black writes the script for "J. Edgar" which is now being set up at Warner Bros. Pictures. Clint Eastwood has agreed to take the helming duty and Armie Hammer has been set to star as Hoover's assistant and secret lover Clyde Tolson.
Ed Westwick is best known for his portrayal of Chuck Bass in CW's show "Gossip Girl". Beside that, he has starred in some films such as "Children of Men", "100 Feet" and "S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale".
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart