Ed Westwick Lands Important Role in Clint Eastwood's 'J. Edgar'
Clint Eastwood has found an actor to fill in a major supporting role for his upcoming film "J. Edgar". After tapping Leonardo DiCaprio to tackle the titular role, Ed Westwick is now cast to portray an FBI agent who is tasked with writing Hoover's memoir.
Westwick's character is described as "a clean cut operative with writing skill." Deadline further explains, "Once Hoover discovers he can write, he conscripts Agent Smith to write Hoover's biography, until Smith gets a little too close to the truth."
While locking Westwick, "J. Edgar" will not have Charlize Theron starring in it as rumored. The "Monster" beauty was widely linked to the role of Helen Gandy but she apparently opts to sign on for "Snow White and the Huntsman" instead. Now, Eastwood is looking at Naomi Watts and Amy Adams to portray Gandy, the longtime assistant to Hoover.
Dustin Lance Black writes the script for "J. Edgar" which is now being set up at Warner Bros. Pictures. Clint Eastwood has agreed to take the helming duty and Armie Hammer has been set to star as Hoover's assistant and secret lover Clyde Tolson.
Ed Westwick is best known for his portrayal of Chuck Bass in CW's show "Gossip Girl". Beside that, he has starred in some films such as "Children of Men", "100 Feet" and "S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale".
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival