Ed Westwick Lands Important Role in Clint Eastwood's 'J. Edgar'
Clint Eastwood has found an actor to fill in a major supporting role for his upcoming film "J. Edgar". After tapping Leonardo DiCaprio to tackle the titular role, Ed Westwick is now cast to portray an FBI agent who is tasked with writing Hoover's memoir.
Westwick's character is described as "a clean cut operative with writing skill." Deadline further explains, "Once Hoover discovers he can write, he conscripts Agent Smith to write Hoover's biography, until Smith gets a little too close to the truth."
While locking Westwick, "J. Edgar" will not have Charlize Theron starring in it as rumored. The "Monster" beauty was widely linked to the role of Helen Gandy but she apparently opts to sign on for "Snow White and the Huntsman" instead. Now, Eastwood is looking at Naomi Watts and Amy Adams to portray Gandy, the longtime assistant to Hoover.
Dustin Lance Black writes the script for "J. Edgar" which is now being set up at Warner Bros. Pictures. Clint Eastwood has agreed to take the helming duty and Armie Hammer has been set to star as Hoover's assistant and secret lover Clyde Tolson.
Ed Westwick is best known for his portrayal of Chuck Bass in CW's show "Gossip Girl". Beside that, he has starred in some films such as "Children of Men", "100 Feet" and "S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale".
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune