Ed Westwick Lands Important Role in Clint Eastwood's 'J. Edgar'
Clint Eastwood has found an actor to fill in a major supporting role for his upcoming film "J. Edgar". After tapping Leonardo DiCaprio to tackle the titular role, Ed Westwick is now cast to portray an FBI agent who is tasked with writing Hoover's memoir.
Westwick's character is described as "a clean cut operative with writing skill." Deadline further explains, "Once Hoover discovers he can write, he conscripts Agent Smith to write Hoover's biography, until Smith gets a little too close to the truth."
While locking Westwick, "J. Edgar" will not have Charlize Theron starring in it as rumored. The "Monster" beauty was widely linked to the role of Helen Gandy but she apparently opts to sign on for "Snow White and the Huntsman" instead. Now, Eastwood is looking at Naomi Watts and Amy Adams to portray Gandy, the longtime assistant to Hoover.
Dustin Lance Black writes the script for "J. Edgar" which is now being set up at Warner Bros. Pictures. Clint Eastwood has agreed to take the helming duty and Armie Hammer has been set to star as Hoover's assistant and secret lover Clyde Tolson.
Ed Westwick is best known for his portrayal of Chuck Bass in CW's show "Gossip Girl". Beside that, he has starred in some films such as "Children of Men", "100 Feet" and "S. Darko: A Donnie Darko Tale".
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video