Emma Stone and Tom Hardy Among BAFTA Rising Star Nominees
BAFTA Awards has announced its 2011 Rising Star nominees before unveiling the full list on January 18. Getting rave reviews for her performance in "Easy A", Emma Stone is mentioned on the category along with "Inception" star Tom Hardy and "Kick-Ass" lead actor Aaron Johnson.
Stone is additionally up against "The Social Network" actor Andrew Garfield, who stars alongside her in the upcoming untitled Spider-Man Reboot. Gemma Arterton, who has appeared in a number of big movies like "Clash of the Titans" and "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time", lands a nod in Rising Star category after receiving "glittering praise" for her lead role in "Tamara Drewe".
Arterton has quickly reacted to her nomination, saying as quoted by British newspaper the London Evening Standard "I am absolutely thrilled and honored to be one of the shortlisted actors for the Orange Wednesdays Rising Star Award. 2010 was an incredible year for me and to be recognized in this way by both my peers and the film-going public is amazing. I'm in very good company with the other actors who have been nominated, so it is a huge compliment to be considered to win this prestigious award."
BAFTA Rising Star nominations recognize "five international actors and actresses whose talent has captured the imagination of the British public." Winners of the 2011 awards will be announced on Sunday, February 13.
More Emma Stone News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service