Emma Stone and Tom Hardy Among BAFTA Rising Star Nominees
BAFTA Awards has announced its 2011 Rising Star nominees before unveiling the full list on January 18. Getting rave reviews for her performance in "Easy A", Emma Stone is mentioned on the category along with "Inception" star Tom Hardy and "Kick-Ass" lead actor Aaron Johnson.
Stone is additionally up against "The Social Network" actor Andrew Garfield, who stars alongside her in the upcoming untitled Spider-Man Reboot. Gemma Arterton, who has appeared in a number of big movies like "Clash of the Titans" and "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time", lands a nod in Rising Star category after receiving "glittering praise" for her lead role in "Tamara Drewe".
Arterton has quickly reacted to her nomination, saying as quoted by British newspaper the London Evening Standard "I am absolutely thrilled and honored to be one of the shortlisted actors for the Orange Wednesdays Rising Star Award. 2010 was an incredible year for me and to be recognized in this way by both my peers and the film-going public is amazing. I'm in very good company with the other actors who have been nominated, so it is a huge compliment to be considered to win this prestigious award."
BAFTA Rising Star nominations recognize "five international actors and actresses whose talent has captured the imagination of the British public." Winners of the 2011 awards will be announced on Sunday, February 13.
More Emma Stone News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie