Sophia Bush and Gwyneth Paltrow Are Cousins to Arizona Shooting Victims
America is grieving over the tragic shooting in Tucson, Arizona and two Hollywood celebrities are no exception. It turns out that both Sophia Bush and Gwyneth Paltrow are related to the victims which include a 9-year-old girl and U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords who both were in the wrong time, wrong place.
Bush is the second cousin of Christina Green who was gunned down. "There are no words to explain what my cousin's family is going through in Arizona. How can this be? Violence is never the answer," Bush wrote on her Twitter page. "She was my 2nd cousin... Devastating."
According to reports, Green is one of those children who were born on September 11, 2001. She was among the 50 Faces of Hope aka a book about children born on 9/11. "From the very beginning, she was an amazing child," her mother, Roxanna Green, told The New York Times. "She was very bright, very mature, off the charts. She was the brightest thing that happened that day."
Meanwhile, Giffords is a cousin of Paltrow who has actually never met her. Nevertheless, she said in a statement to ET, "Although I have never had the pleasure of meeting congresswoman Giffords, my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family as well as the other victims of this horrible act of senseless violence."
Giffords, who was shot through the head, is still in critical condition but doctors are optimistic that she would survive and possibly recover. "It's hard to say anyone is ever really completely okay after being shot in the head, but [Giffords] has a good chance of being able to walk away from this," said Arthur Kobrine, a professor of neurosurgery at Georgetown University Hospital.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie