It's Official: Elijah Wood to Reprise Frodo in 'The Hobbit'
Elijah Wood is officially heading back to the Middle Earth. Following wide reports suggesting that he may reprise his "Lord of the Rings" role as Frodo in "The Hobbit", his publicist has confirmed that the actor indeed joins the cast of the upcoming Peter Jackson's film.
While some people initially doubted his character would appear in "The Hobbit" since Frodo has not been born yet in the story, TheOneRing.net claims to know how he might be featured in the film. [SPOILER ALERT!] Frodo will appear in the opening sequence of both 'Hobbit' films, as part of a narrative framing device.
Near the end of "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of The King", Frodo is writing the story of the War of the Ring inside a book. In fact, the first part of that book he's writing in contains a memoir by his uncle, Bilbo Baggins, which tells the story of Bilbo's own great adventure. So, he might be seen reading Bilbo's tale in front of "The Hobbit" and "The Hobbit 2".
Elijah Wood is not the first "LOTR" actor who is cast in "The Hobbit". Previously, Cate Blanchett has been officially announced to reprise her role as Galadriel in the two-part adventure film. Ian McKellen, Andy Serkis and Orlando Bloom have also been mentioned to star in the movie, but no official announcement has been released on their casting yet.
Production of "The Hobbit" will be kicked off in February 2011 in New Zealand with Peter Jackson serving as director. Martin Freeman will portray main character Bilbo Baggins and Warner Bros. will release the first part of the movie in December 2012.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service