'Spartacus: Gods of the Arena' Trailer Number 2
"There is only one way to become a champion ... don't lose," Dustin Clare's Gannicus says in the second and final trailer of "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena". The new video contains more words from the perspective of the gladiators, the ludus owner and the powerful woman behind the bloody business.
A prequel to "Spartacus: Blood and Sand", "Gods of the Arena" tells the story of the original Champion of the House of Batiatus: Gannicus in a more ruthless time before Spartacus' arrival where honor was just finding it's way into the arena. The six-episode prequel will begin January 21 on Starz with the episode "Past Transgressions".
"Gods of the Arena" was made when "Blood and Sand" star Andy Whitfield was battling Hodgkin lymphoma. At the Friday, January 7 TCA press tour, "Spartacus" producer Steven DeKnight said, "If there us any upside to Andy's illness, it is that we are better equipped to support the the new Spartacus."
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'