'Spartacus: Gods of the Arena' Trailer Number 2
"There is only one way to become a champion ... don't lose," Dustin Clare's Gannicus says in the second and final trailer of "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena". The new video contains more words from the perspective of the gladiators, the ludus owner and the powerful woman behind the bloody business.
A prequel to "Spartacus: Blood and Sand", "Gods of the Arena" tells the story of the original Champion of the House of Batiatus: Gannicus in a more ruthless time before Spartacus' arrival where honor was just finding it's way into the arena. The six-episode prequel will begin January 21 on Starz with the episode "Past Transgressions".
"Gods of the Arena" was made when "Blood and Sand" star Andy Whitfield was battling Hodgkin lymphoma. At the Friday, January 7 TCA press tour, "Spartacus" producer Steven DeKnight said, "If there us any upside to Andy's illness, it is that we are better equipped to support the the new Spartacus."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival