'Spartacus: Gods of the Arena' Trailer Number 2
"There is only one way to become a champion ... don't lose," Dustin Clare's Gannicus says in the second and final trailer of "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena". The new video contains more words from the perspective of the gladiators, the ludus owner and the powerful woman behind the bloody business.
A prequel to "Spartacus: Blood and Sand", "Gods of the Arena" tells the story of the original Champion of the House of Batiatus: Gannicus in a more ruthless time before Spartacus' arrival where honor was just finding it's way into the arena. The six-episode prequel will begin January 21 on Starz with the episode "Past Transgressions".
"Gods of the Arena" was made when "Blood and Sand" star Andy Whitfield was battling Hodgkin lymphoma. At the Friday, January 7 TCA press tour, "Spartacus" producer Steven DeKnight said, "If there us any upside to Andy's illness, it is that we are better equipped to support the the new Spartacus."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie