'Cars 2' Has New Video and Images
Walt Disney Pictures has released a new video and images for "Cars 2" to tease fans before the film's release in June. Debuted via Yahoo! Movies, the video sees Lightning McQueen from 360 degree view. At some points, the red racecar shows off its roar.
The new promo images, meanwhile, feature the familiar characters, including Luigi, Guido, Sarge, and Mack. They, along with several other cars, are seen slightly gussied up for their next outing in second "Cars" film.
"Cars 2" will follow Lightning McQueen and tow truck Mater as they head overseas to compete in the first-ever World Grand Prix to determine the world's fastest car. But the road to the championship is filled with plenty of potholes, detours and hilarious surprises when Mater gets caught up in an intriguing adventure of his own: international espionage.
Torn between assisting Lightning McQueen in the high-profile race and towing the line in a top-secret spy mission, Mater's action-packed journey leads him on an explosive chase through the streets of Japan and Europe, trailed by his friends and watched by the whole world. Adding to the fast-paced fun is a colorful new all-car cast that includes secret agents, menacing villains and international racing competitors.
Owen Wilson and Larry the Cable Guy still voice McQueen and Mater respectively, with the likes of Tony Shalhoub, John Ratzenberger, Cheech Marin and Bonnie Hunt returning to voice other characters. "Cars" helmer John Lasseter teams up with "Ratatouille" producer Brad Lewis to direct the upcoming animated film, which is set to open wide in the U.S. on June 24.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences