'Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn' Split Point Disclosed
Soon after it was announced that the last "Twilight" film will be split into two parts, there have been many speculations about the split point. Now, producer Wyck Godfrey has clearly addressed the issue, giving some clues to what people can expect to be seen in "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" as well as "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II".
"We basically want to take the audience through the emotional part of Bella's journey as she becomes a vampire. The first part will cover the wedding, the honeymoon and the birth," he says in an interview with USA Today. In fact, [SPOILER ALERT!] the film will end just before Bella embarks on her supernatural transformation.
The filmmaker goes on explaining how they will maintain PG-13 rating for the next installment despite the torturous birth process. "She is looking through the haze, experiencing pain and everything rushing around her. We only see what she sees," Godfrey says, revealing that the bloody, bone-crushing delivery will be seen only through Bella's eyes.
And although Bella and Edward's physical relationship reaches a higher level than what was shown in the first three films, the upcoming movie will not present adult scenes. He affirms, "It does not become soft porn. It is a legitimate and important part of the movie, romantic and sensual."
On what is compelling from the first part of "Breaking Dawn", Godfrey teases, "There are the pangs of newlywed tension that occur that are relatable even in a fantasy film. Marriage is not quite the experience that they thought it was." Meanwhile, "the second half is more of an action film in terms of life-and-death stakes."
To those wondering whether Bill Condon, who previously directed "Dreamgirls", will insert a musical number to "Breaking Dawn", Godfrey can assure it won't happen. He says there might be traditional dancing at the wedding, before joking "We just had a whole line of actors marching toward the camera. We could have them practice a chorus line with vampires doing kicks."
"Breaking Dawn Part I" will storm out in U.S. theaters on November 18, 2011. Summit will later release "Breaking Dawn Part II" on November 16, 2012.
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle