First Look at Peter Pan Prequel 'Neverland'
The story before Peter Pan meets the three siblings will be told in a 90-minute movie divided into two parts. "Neverland" is a take to J.M. Barrie's famous fairytale which would focus on The Lost Boys, Captain Hook, The Indians, Croc and the Neverland itself. It will begin with the story of Peter as an orphan, making a living as a pickpocketer.
Raised on the streets of turn-of-the-century London, orphaned Peter and his pals survive by their fearless wits as cunning young pickpockets. Now, they've been rounded up by their mentor Jimmy Hook to snatch a priceless treasure whose magical powers transports them to another world.
It's here that the boys find themselves confronted by a band of 18th century pirates led by the power-mad Elizabeth Bonny, and the Native American Kaw tribe led by a Holy Man, which has protected the secret of the tree spirits from Bonny and her gang for ages. As the fight to save this strange and beautiful world becomes vital, Hook, Peter, and the ragamuffin lost boys consider that growing old somewhere in time could be less important than growing up.
Charlie Rowe takes the main role of Peter Pan, assisted by Rhys Ifans as Jimmy Hook, Bob Hoskins ad Mr. Smee, Anna Friel as Elizabeth Bonny and Danny Trujillo as the Holy Man. Written and directed by Nick Willing, it will be released on Sky Movies in the U.K. and on Syfy in the U.S., both later this year.
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'