Adam Lambert Calls 'Teen Mom' Depressing
Adam Lambert took a minute out of his busy schedule to comment on "Teen Mom". The reality TV show airing on MTV has been making headlines recently for the arrest of Amber Portwood who is caught beating her ex-fiance on camera. Lambert called the show "depressing".
He shared his opinion on Twitter, writing "This Teen Mom show on MTV is so depressing. I know it's 'real life' but shouldn't there be programming that inspires kids to shoot higher? #glorifyingwhitetrash". He added later to hinder any misunderstanding, "I'm not saying that all teen moms are white trash. Don't misunderstand. Yet, most of the ones on that show seem to be. I do, however, think they're are being exploited a bit."
MTV is about to air a spin-off to the show about teens dealing with early pregnancy. "Teen Mom 2" starts January 11 at 10/9c with four other teenagers who have given birth.
At the same time, Amplicate reports that Lambert is the most loved topic in social media for 2010. Amplicate monitors and collates what people say they love or hate in Facebook or Twitter, and over 50 million public opinions of adoration or disgust were made on thousands of specific topics. Lambert happens to be the loved one, followed by Taylor Lautner, Katy Perry and Ice Cream in the Top 10.
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Calvin Harris Shares Track List of New Album, Teases New Video With Katy Perry and Pharrell
- Report: Chris Brown and Quavo's Feud Is Far From Over
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Gets TV Premiere Date. See New Stunning Poster!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise': DeMario Details Wild Night With Corinne in First Interview Post-Scandal
- Remy Ma 'Ecstatic' After Breaking Nicki Minaj's Winning Streak at BET Awards
- 'Castle Rock' Casts Jane Levy and Sissy Spacek
- Danielle Panabaker and Hayes Robbins Tie the Knot - See the Pic