Adam Lambert Calls 'Teen Mom' Depressing
Adam Lambert took a minute out of his busy schedule to comment on "Teen Mom". The reality TV show airing on MTV has been making headlines recently for the arrest of Amber Portwood who is caught beating her ex-fiance on camera. Lambert called the show "depressing".
He shared his opinion on Twitter, writing "This Teen Mom show on MTV is so depressing. I know it's 'real life' but shouldn't there be programming that inspires kids to shoot higher? #glorifyingwhitetrash". He added later to hinder any misunderstanding, "I'm not saying that all teen moms are white trash. Don't misunderstand. Yet, most of the ones on that show seem to be. I do, however, think they're are being exploited a bit."
MTV is about to air a spin-off to the show about teens dealing with early pregnancy. "Teen Mom 2" starts January 11 at 10/9c with four other teenagers who have given birth.
At the same time, Amplicate reports that Lambert is the most loved topic in social media for 2010. Amplicate monitors and collates what people say they love or hate in Facebook or Twitter, and over 50 million public opinions of adoration or disgust were made on thousands of specific topics. Lambert happens to be the loved one, followed by Taylor Lautner, Katy Perry and Ice Cream in the Top 10.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group