Video Premiere: Goo Goo Dolls' 'Notbroken'
Goo Goo Dolls have debuted a music video in support of their latest single "Notbroken". The song is taken from the band's ninth studio album "Something for the Rest of Us". Earlier this week, they performed the song at Sun Life Stadium during Orange Bowl's halftime show.
"Notbroken" is inspired by lead singer Johnny Rzeznik's encounter with a fan whose husband was serving in Iraq. "I met a woman in a meet and greet and talked to her for about two or three minutes where she slipped me a note which told me this story about how her husband was a soldier in Iraq and about how he's been injured," he said in an interview with American Songwriter.
"He didn't really want to come home to her because he was afraid that she wouldn't accept him the way that he had been changed by the war. I don't know who the woman is. I don't have the note anymore, but it was one of those situations where down the road I started thinking about that and I was like, 'My God, this is the true cost of war'."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger